Shut down my neighbours airbnb

Shut down my neighbours airbnb

Need some advise on getting one of these *bleep* bnb's shut down! Its getting out of hand & im going the correct & legal way 1st! Then.....

27 Replies 27
Mikki0
Level 10
Long Beach, CA

@Jim373 this might not be the best place to look for advice on how to get an Airbnb listing shut down.

(This being a discussion board mainly populated by people who are either Airbnb hosts or guests.)

Have you had a chance to speak to the neighbor who hosts the Airbnb about your concerns?

Yes i have tried to speak to the host, but he does not care. He's just an arrogant **bleep**! Need to take this to higher ground... 

I'm having the same problem, Jim, please let me know if you have found a way to shut it down, Rose

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Jim373 So what's your problem with the host? Other than being abusive, you're not giving a whole lot of detail on what they're doing that's got you so wound up to warrant you wanting them wiped out?

1st of all, not once was i approached by the host when he moved in that his house was going to be a bnb! I have 6 young children at home & I am sick to death of random foreingers coming to my door, peering through my window asking if this is the bnb or how do we get into the bnb. Sick of the fire doors being slammed all day & night. Taxis coming all hours of the day & night with parties who are staying at the bnb. The host has no consideration for anyone except himself because he's making a small fortune from this s**t. Time to go Mr Air BNB!!  

This bnb will be closed soon! Watch this space..

Unless you live in a gated community or otherwise are part of a place with a homeowners association, or there are already regulations against STR in your area, your neighbor doesn't have to tell you he's doing airbnb.

As far as people coming to your house, you could simply tell the host that he needs to make directions more clear that would solve that problem.  

But, no this is not 'airbnb' but a forum for people who host or use the site.  

I think it is important for hosts to hear what you neighborhood feels when you do this to a neighborhood, Rose

"random foreingers"

Wow.

So I guess you're ok with random non-foreigners?

Is there anybody here actually from air bnb or are u all just hosts??

@Jim373 we are hosts. Airbnb staff may or may not see your post. Your best advice was from @Mikki0. I am sorry you are having this experience with an irresponsible host-- that kind of thing gives us all a bad name.

@Jim

We're the gob**bleep**e's that give our time and wisdom to Airbnb hosts free of charge being hosts ourselves, and what do we get in return? a tihS service and treated like cannon-fodder.

Have you tried a trailer load on Horse manure in his driveway, I'd give a calculated guess that this would put a stop to his gallop, after all, mistakes will be made and he'll get the message very fast, don’t (expletive deleted) with Jim.

Being professional only work when your dealing with professional, sometimes the gloves have to come off.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Jim373,

No, this forum is not read by Airbnb staff. It's a discussion forum for Airbnb guests and hosts.

Steve.

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Jim373 As others have suggested, I'd contact the HOA if there is one. You might also contact the city zoning and planning department or code enforcement and they may be able to assist.