Shutting down a listing for a property we purchased.

Answered!
Kyle411
Level 2
Roberts Creek, Canada

Shutting down a listing for a property we purchased.

Hi all, 

This is my first post in the community but am sure it wont be my last. My wife and I recently purchased a property that has a secondary cabin listed on AirBnb and we are hoping to have the listing taken down, but are at a loss as to how to make this happen. The previous owners (they are in their 70's) had paid someone to list their cabin on AirBnb and had never received the login information or actually hosted anyone through the site, but the listing is still live and active. They are unable to get a hold of the people that listed the property for them and they are at a total loss as to how to have it removed. I have reported the listing to AirBnb but am worried that it will not be taken down as it is just my word that we now own the cabin... 

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kyle411 

- If the listing is active, then there is also a host (and an account). Click in the listing on textlink "contact the host" an sent an inquiry . If the host does not repsond within 24 hours, do it again and again (each waiting for 24 hours). Airbnb will take the listing down when a  host is not responding to multiple inquiries.

- Report the listing and/or the host (you mentioned this, but did you use the "report" option linked on the listing or the account ?)

best regard,

Emiel

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kyle411 

- If the listing is active, then there is also a host (and an account). Click in the listing on textlink "contact the host" an sent an inquiry . If the host does not repsond within 24 hours, do it again and again (each waiting for 24 hours). Airbnb will take the listing down when a  host is not responding to multiple inquiries.

- Report the listing and/or the host (you mentioned this, but did you use the "report" option linked on the listing or the account ?)

best regard,

Emiel

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would do as @Emiel1  suggests @Kyle411  and use the contact host function on the listing.

Do the previous owners not have an email or phone number for the people they asked to act as hosts for them?

If you have a link to the listing it should tell you who is listed as the host on the listing which if they are a management company will help locate them. At the end of the day you cannot ask them to take down the listing as you were not the person that contracted with them to provide a management service, so they will need to contact the original owners for confirmation.

It seems strange there were never any bookings. Are you sure the listing is still live?

If you want to host on Airbnb just set up your own listing.