Simple rules for guests on energy saving and ecological collaboration

Answered!
Muriella0
Level 2
Rome, Italy

Simple rules for guests on energy saving and ecological collaboration

I am a host of airbnb for many years, I would like to make a proposal: Airbnb should study a sheet that can be printed and placed in the apartments at least to establish some simple rules on energy saving. I'm tired of wasting energy from guests who seem to do everything to make them see that they are paying and for that they can waste. They leave the air conditioning at maximum  with the windows open all day, the garden lights on, and the home-lit lights during the day. You will tell me: You have the review to report this, but this my protest is not due to the ignorance of the guests, but because I think it is fair and clear to everyone that the Airbnb community people are different person and respectful of the environment which surrounds it. If guests want good prices they do not have to think that they have them because the city is full of people who rent it, but because they know that those who rent with airbnb can rely on their collaboration. If there was a card with your graphic footprint that gave you good advice about it, it would be a very important point for you and for all of us into our job.
Thanks and regard

Muriella Colajacomo from Rome

Sono una host di airbnb da molti anni , vorrei fare una proposta : Airbnb dovrebbe studiare un foglio da poter stampare e mettere negli appartamenti almeno per stabilire alcune semplici regole sul risparmio energetico . Sono stanca di vedere sprecare energia da ospiti che sembra fanno di tutto per far vedere che loro pagano e per questo possono sprecare. Lasciano l'aria condizionata al massimo con le finestre aperte tutto il giorno , le luci del giardino e quelle di casa accese durante il giorno. Voi mi direte : hai la recensione per segnalare questo, ma questa mia protesta non é per l'ignoranza degli ospiti, ma perché penso sia giusto e chiaro a tutti che chi fá parte della Comunitá di Airbnb é una persona diversa e rispettosa dell'ambiente che lo circonda. Se gli ospiti vogliono buoni prezzi non devono pensare che li hanno perché la cittá é piena di gente che affitta, ma perché sanno che chi affitta con airbnb puó contare con la loro collaborazione. Se ci fosse una carta con la Vostra impronta grafica che dá giusti consigli a proposito sarebbe un punto molto importante per voi e per tutti noi che collaboriamo con il lavoro .
Grazie Muriella Colajacomo Roma

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why are you giving her a new towel every day? Hosts normally offer a weekly change.

Having a bath every day is not unusual.

Put up your prices. Then sound incredibly low.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Tara-P-0
Level 2
Bonn, Germany

But what to do, if a guest if finding any reason not to follow the ecological aspect? I have such a guest, and guess what: she is an ambassodor of an ashram in India and has the job to be a observer of the climate change conference right now in Bonn! I am so pissed with her. She already spent all the fee for the flat in water and electricity, although we were already talking about it. She will not stop to have one full bathtub per day, every day new towel, with all the impacts on electricity usage and water.

She already spent more water and electricity I had for this little studio in the whole last year. And this for 22,- Euro per day.

What can I do, please help.

kind regards 

Tara

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why are you giving her a new towel every day? Hosts normally offer a weekly change.

Having a bath every day is not unusual.

Put up your prices. Then sound incredibly low.