Simplified Pricing

Simplified Pricing

I would like to switch to Simplified Pricing, I have already a verified VAT number and I have included the details of my bank account in the section Payments & payouts. However, I do not have the possibility to click on Save on the following option:

"Choose how to include the Airbnb service fee in your price"

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks

Viola

14 Replies 14
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

As for today this option exists for software connected listings only.

@Viola143  difficult to comment further as you have posted with a profile that doesn't show your listing so I don't know which country you are in and Airbnb is rolling this out differently in different countries. But give them a call or contact them on their social media to see if they can help.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Viola143,

Welcome to the community!

The advice from HAB members is correct.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Actually @Till-and-Jutta0 advice is not quite correct @Dale711  - you can use simplified pricing if you are an Airbnb Property Management company and you are can also opt in to use it as an ordinary host whether you use a channel management software or not in certain countries.

Hence my asking @Viola143  which country her listing is in.

@Helen3 Where do I go to opt in to simplified pricing? I want to do it if I list on booking.com so that the pricing is common

Hi, you can switch going into Payments & payouts.

First of all you have to fill in the section "Payouts" with your Payout method.

Then you have to fill in the section Taxes with your VAT number.

Then you wait one week for payout method verification, then go back to "Payments" and you should be able to switch to it.

In case not, I live you here a useful link:

https://www.airbnb.com/d/simplifiedpricing-anzxzq0yu3b1mz7

, there is a button to switch to Simplified pricing in this link.

@Viola143 Thanks for this. Don't have a VAT number and I don't use a channel manager so I guess I can't opt for simplified pricing. Ah well Neve mind

Sorry Mike @Mike-And-Jane0  when Airbnb sent a hosting update about this to UK hosts last autumn I wasn't interested in opting in to pay all fees so didn't pay much attention to the details of opting in. Might be worth seeing if you can find the email if it's not apparent in your listing ..

HI @Helen3,

@Viola143 country is in Vernice, Italy.

So what are your insights, and what would you say?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As you know I am not hosting in Italy so wouldn't know @Dale711  that's why I have 'insights' on a system that doesn't operate in my country - that's why I already suggested she calls Airbnb

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry correction @Dale711  why would you think I would have insights into how Airbnb works in a country that I don't operate in.

Hi @Helen3 ,

" Because you're Brilliant! "

Hi, thank you all for the support.

I am the Host of Luxury Apartment Palazzo Nani, Venice - Italy.

My apologies if I am not using the verified profile.

I will then contact them in order to understand the reason behind this requisite, as we are not going to use a channel manager. 

Neil522
Level 2
Glen Davis, Australia

if you have simplified pricing are disadvantaged in searches as your nightly rate will appear to be higher as it includes the platform fees