Since When Does Airbnb Delete Your Original Photos After Uploading Airbnb Photos?

Daniel-Rusteen0
Level 10
California, United States

Since When Does Airbnb Delete Your Original Photos After Uploading Airbnb Photos?

Pretty disappointed. I had 26 really good photos in there, ordered nicely and with nice captions. I go in to find 36 brand new photos with no captions. I paid for Airbnb photos, but pretty sure they're not supposed to delete the existing photos. Now I'm contacting support and waiting 24 hours for a simple solution: send me the original photos which I probably won't get after waiting too long to hear that answer. 

10 Replies 10
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Daniel-Rusteen0 I guess you will have to update your 'best selling book'.

sarcasm?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Daniel-Rusteen0  hosts who opt for Airbnb Plus also had their photos replaced with new ones, from Airbnb photographer. I don't believe Airbnb saved your old photos, they were deleted.

Don't you have your old photos saved on your comp?

Yes, but not the captions 😕 and i'm not Airbnb Plus so they should never have been deleted.

uh, well, now when you rewrite them you should save them. With Airbnb you never know... weird things happen here all the time... settings are changing overnight, entire listings and hosts vanish.... it's a haunted house @Daniel-Rusteen0 ... 

@Daniel-Rusteen0   About the captions- adding them to each photo is a separate edit action you perform in the edit section for photos- click on each one then add caption text to each and they will be viewable ONLY if the viewer clicks directly on a given photo and then views each successive photo, which takes up the whole page with text below.  Most viewers are too in a hurry to study and read each photo and choose to quickly and make a booking decision just looking at the photos, but I always load every photo with lots of text as a security measure in case they later make a claim of something not disclosed or misrepresented then I have detailed documented info.

About the stolen photos deleted upon loading the ABB photos you paid for ..... that is not supposed to happen.  They cannot conflate that action with signing up with the Plus program. The property owner host should always have total control and responsibility for how their property is presented and represented on the platform.

Susan
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Why weren't the '26 really good photos' good enough for you, @Daniel-Rusteen0?

Daniel-Rusteen0
Level 10
California, United States

It was a learning process for me. I actually hired 6 photographers to both get the best photos and to learn so that I could create some useful content and help other Airbnb hosts.

@Daniel-Rusteen0  What you just shared about hiring photographers prompts me to ask Have you ever had your Listing photos hijacked and used by another Host to fill out their presentation of area features, scenic photos of parks and points of interest, restaurants etc?

That happened to me a while back when a newby couple listed their property and stole whatever they liked from my site and posted  it.  I contacted them through the contact host link and demanded they delete the stolen "intellectual property", they refused to comply or communicate until I upped the threat and suggested ABB will be notified etc. and about a week later they took them down. 

Susan

No, that never happened to me.