Single Guest invites her Daughter and her Boyfriend over for Naps

Jeffrey81
Level 1
Monterey, CA

Single Guest invites her Daughter and her Boyfriend over for Naps

I have a single woman booked into my AirBnB space, which is two adjoining rooms each with a queen sized bed. For two nights in a row, the guest has had her daughter over late into the night. This evening, her daughter also brought a male friend. They said they were going to all “take a nap”. I haven’t checked, but my guess is that the daughter and her friend have been sleeping in the adjoining room (these are two separate bedrooms with a pocket door between them, and each room has a door to the hallway). I now suspect that I will have to launder and press all the bedding - duvet cover, four pillow cases, top and fitted sheet. 

I feel like she should have booked for the additional people, if they were going to be spending time here. 

Any my advice on how I should handle this?

2 Replies 2
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Jeffrey81 Your house rules clearly state that only registered guests are allowed on-property, so you can decide if you want to make this an issue. I am not sure that the bedding can be the issue however. A single woman could choose to use both beds during her stay after all. AirBNB just doesn't give us the option to charge by the bed which means one person could use every single bed at no additional cost.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

How you could have handled it is to speak to the guest that booked and remind her that only guests who have booked and paid could stay at the listing.

Why are you letting the daughter and her partner stay when it is against your house rules @Jeffrey81 ?