Single property - use a Channel Manger or PMS, possibly with Wheelhouse?

Donald225
Level 3
Deerfield Beach, FL

Single property - use a Channel Manger or PMS, possibly with Wheelhouse?

I know the subject of CMs and PMS has been discussed before, and I've read some of the more recent conversations.

We recently listed our property here and on the two other popular platforms which it seems I cannot mention by name.  Within two weeks we are already mostly booked through mid-March.

So far it hasn't been a ton of work, but I was wondering if subscribing to some software system is worth it for a single property.  The three sites seem to sync their calendars with each other ok, but I imagine that trying to keep prices in sync on all the channels is going to be a fair amount of work, especially since the prices have to be adjusted on each channel to end up with the same net revenue, due to differences in fees, etc.

Another reason for using a CM is if we decide to use Wheelhouse.  It only directly syncs with Airbnb.  In order to sync with other channels, you have to use a channel manager.  

I know most of these systems have free trials, but I'd really like to know what other single-property owner/managers are using before I start down that road.  I have a real job so my spare time is a bit limited.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Donald225 I have three listings and have been using a channel manager, MyVR, because when I was making the decision it was the only usable tool that could push Wheelhouse prices to Vrbo. It's kind of expensive and I'm not sure I'd do it again; other tools may have improved their usability. But in any case, I suggest you reconsider your assumption that pricing has to be the same across booking platforms. Wheelhouse will not do that, because different platforms have different markets. I would expect other automatic pricing tools to take the same approach, but I don't know for sure.