Slow Reservations

Answered!
Teresa1585
Level 3
Bakersville, NC

Slow Reservations

I have just finished my first year of hosting. I don't have any reservation at this time. Is it slow for everyone? I'm in Western North Carolina. Thanks in advance for your comments. 

1 Best Answer
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

You started hosting when bookings were at their peak.  Now that people can travel more freely and go overseas, you'll see a return to normal.  I hope you didn't cost this out based on 2020/2021 levels, because they were exceptional @Teresa1585 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

You started hosting when bookings were at their peak.  Now that people can travel more freely and go overseas, you'll see a return to normal.  I hope you didn't cost this out based on 2020/2021 levels, because they were exceptional @Teresa1585 

Anna11063
Level 1
Medford, OR

Ours have slowed significantly as well. We're wondering if we're priced too high even though we're on smart pricing so Airbnb is setting the nightly rate.

Krisztina12
Level 3
Port Richey, FL

It's sooo slow here in Florida compare to last year, are guests choose to go to hotels?

I may have to go long term for a bit to get some income this year. I know so many going on cruises since they have reopened. So many factors. 

Krisztina12  Hello I have just had a real slow down too.  I think it has to do with Gas prices and the cost of living increases and that could be a real problem for us hosts.  Not sure what to do!  I lowered my prices but still nothing coming in this month......Can't pay the bills with this happening for sure.

Sandi173
Level 2
Laurel, MT

@Teresa1585   Yes I am having a Real slow down.  NOthing this month at all and I always had a couple bookings at least......Lowered prices still nothing.  This is not good for us hosts that are just varily paying the bills for our houses .  Not sure what to do with all the prices of gas and food rising and housing..  You name it people are in trouble and there is no end in sight! 

I had a problem guest last year that stayed 56 days (started issues 4 days before leaving to try to get a free stay) and then gave me all 1’s so I was concerned it was because he brought my rating from a 5 to 4.56.