Smart Pricing randomly overriding manaul prices.

Malcolm-And-Eilidh0
Level 2
North Kessock, United Kingdom

Smart Pricing randomly overriding manaul prices.

Hi, 

I have had an issue wiith so called Smart Pricing which I spotted because 4 nights in the height of summer were booked at just above my minimum price. I always set the price for summer dates automatically so I am certain that a dodgy algorithim has changed my manual settings to "Smart Pricing" and then sold the dates at a ridiculous discount. I've contacted customer service but been fobbed off with a claim that the Smart Pricing Team have "confirmed that smart pricing was set up for these dates." I just don't believe this is correct but have no way of proving it. It feels a bit like the scenario with the Post Office staff in UK where no one accepted that the software was wrong.

Had anyone had a similar experience?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Malcolm-And-Eilidh0 

You can see in the calender for which dates Smart Pricing (SP) is active.

Those date have the SP arrow on them.

You can see it also on past dates, but not anymore on booked dates.

When SP is active, it works for all dates, except for those dates SP is turned off and a fixed price is set manually.

"I always set the price for summer dates automatically", what do you mean by "automatically" ?

Malcolm-And-Eilidh0
Level 2
North Kessock, United Kingdom

Hi Emiel, I meant to say that I set the price for summer dates manually. It is hard to prove that a glitch is then changing these to smart pricing.