Smart pricing gone horribly wrong

Answered!
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Smart pricing gone horribly wrong

We had set smart pricing to have a minimum price of £65 per night so were horrified when an Instant Book reservation came for 9 nights at £310 total.

I spoke to Customer Support and was told

1) I had given a 50% discount for a non-refundable booking (I Hadn't)

2) The guest has only paid half and the amount will go up later (They hadn't and it won't)

3) They would look into it further and would message me with a case reference (they didn't)

I then chatted with a support ambassador who typed that he would pass it to a case manager and promptly closed the chat - no idea what, if anything, will happen next.

I guess I am forced to cancel the reservation myself as Customer Support is totally lacking. It is a shame as the guest wants to book with us and I fear if I cancel then they won't be able to. Perhaps I will call Customer support tomorrow and hope I get someone in Ireland as they appear to be more capable than most.

I have also switched off Smart Pricing as it seems to throw up major glitches!!!!

@Nick I remember you asked about people using smart pricing recently - Issues such as this may or may not be associated with smart pricing but as I have never had such a problem before I have to assume that Smart Pricing is at fault.

1 Best Answer
Jenny349
Level 10
Bordeaux, France

@Mike-And-Jane0 What a bind! I’m sure you’ve considered this already, but could you message your guest, explain the issue and then send a ‘special offer’ (ha!) with the correct price, to be accepted or not, on the understanding that the reservation would have to be cancelled otherwise? I think I’d even ask the guest if he’d mind cancelling   - worth a shot, no?

Aren’t you allowed to refuse IBs or are there caveats to that?

View Best Answer in original post

46 Replies 46

@Sarah327 was the price per night below your min price set in smart pricing?

Yes, in both instances.

The first it was £7 below and in the second £12 below.