Smart pricing

Smart pricing

Hi just working on my calendar for this season and just looking a bit of clarification please.  Am I correct in thinking that  when smart pricing is switched on, that means the price will not go below price set for date but could go higher should there be a lot of interest in the particular date?

many thanks 

1 Reply 1
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Elaine592 Yes, your thinking is correct. Don't ever set your minimum to a price you cannot live with if booked. I have found that Smart Pricing does not work well for me in the 'off season.' Right now most dates on my calendar are the minimum price, so I am careful not to open up the summer yet or I will manually set some prices. However, as we get closer and closer to the high season Smart Pricing will adjust my prices to where I feel like I am making more money overall. A piece of advice though, keep a close eye on your calendar. I scan through mine daily. There will be times when you know your price should be higher but smart pricing is still pulling your minimum. You'll definitely want to increase your minimum price or override a specific weekend, etc.