Snoozing my listing

Answered!
Claire217
Level 1
Tauranga, New Zealand

Snoozing my listing

Hi,

I am wanting to snooze my listing  - i have been trying to follow the insturctions from airbnb https://www.airbnb.co.nz/help/article/476/how-do-i-snooze-or-deactivate-my-listing on how to do this - and for the life of me I can not see anywhere where the snooze button is. I keep trying all the different 'calendar' options and have no luck. if someone can help that would be great (screen shot woud probably be best if poss)

Thank you!!

Claire

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Here is a screenshot, @Claire217. See the green dot and Listed? Hit the small arrow beside Listed. That dropdown gives you a Snooze option. Capture.PNG

View Best Answer in original post

26 Replies 26
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Here is a screenshot, @Claire217. See the green dot and Listed? Hit the small arrow beside Listed. That dropdown gives you a Snooze option. Capture.PNG

This screen shot was most useful - thank you! 🙂

Good, but it does not seem to keep the snooze setting.....

What am I doing wrong?

Anja55
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Why doesnt AirBnB just have this listing / unlistin option on the page that shows all your listings. Only if it is unlisted or snoozed can you switch it back on from that space.

Anyway, not your problem I'm just frustrated took me so long to find that optino and all the help and forum posts refer to the old AirBnb interface.

🙂

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Claire217   Are you on a lap top or an app?  Sometimes the navigation is different. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you (you have no idea how much it was doing my head in lol!!). So obvious once you know!! 🙂

Derek10
Level 2
Fajardo, Puerto Rico

We want to snooze our listing, but want more info. If i want to "unsnooze" my listing before the end date i put in, can i do that? And what is the difference between snoozing, and unlisting? Thanks!

@Derek10, as far as I can see, snoozing allows you a timeframe for automatic reactivation, and unlisting takes it off indefinitely, until you turn it back on. You can reactivate a snoozed listing, though, before the time you have set. Just do it manually. I have done that with no problem.

I assume snoozing is a better option for, say, a vacation, and unlisting is a better option while you are, say, renovating. Your question is very good, since the distinction is vague in Airbnb Help: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/476/how-do-i-snooze-or-deactivate-my-listing.

If I have missed something, maybe someone with experience will answer. But hopefully this helps in the meantime. 

Thanks - that's exactly what i wanted to know!

How exactly did you unsnooze manually?  I can't seem to figure it out. 

Eva-and-Klaudio0
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Hey guys, quick question.

If I snooz my listing, lets say for March, will people be able on March to book my listing for the coming months except March or will I just disappear for every other month until I am activated again ?

Thanks a lot 🙂

Snoozing is all about disappearing while you are unable to answer inquiries, etc., @Eva-and-Klaudio0. If you snooze your listing in March, no one will see your listing (and that includes your calendar) during the month of March. You will get no bookings for future months. So, as I understand it:

If there are days/weeks/months you cannot host - block your calendar for those days.

If there is a time period during which you are unable to answer inquiries because you are off hiking in the un-wifi-ed wilderness - snooze your listing.

If you need a break from hosting or your place is undergoing repairs - temporarily unlist/deactivate. 

If you are leaving hosting forever, and you really, really mean it - permanently deactivate.

If you are leaving hosting and being a guest forever and you really, really mean it - cancel your account. 

Hope this helps!

I have snoozed my listings, but there is still enquiry for those dates. I also got an instant book, which I had to decline, and was told this time no penalty. Hey it clearly says the listing is snoozed. What is going on?

so while the listing is frozen, I continue to host my previously confirmed reservations and accumulate the ratings they give?