So if a host cancels and there's nowhere else to stay?

So if a host cancels and there's nowhere else to stay?

We're looking at visiting The Entrance next Easter.  The main thing holding us back from trying this service is the cancellation policy doesn't guarantee any alternative accomodation.  Yes, I saw the bit about a refund which should be obvious.  However our concern is the risk if the host cancels a few weeks before our trip there may be no alternative accomodation because everything is booked out.

Are there any tips to help a newbie trust this service?  I see the reviews and the date they began hosting but I wish there were more stats (like number of successful transactions which doesn't necessarily correlate with the number of reviews) to try and mitigate this risk by choosing a very established host who is very serious about their business.  Are there additional host rankings or something we're missing?

1 Reply 1
Jack90
Level 6
Queensland, AU

Hi Chris,

Most hosts don't cancel their confirmed trips, especially not a few weeks before as that makes it even more difficult to sell out those dates. Try finding a superhost to stay with if its a big concern, superhosts are required to maintain a 100% commitment rate. Hosts that are superhosts would have this yellow orange badge that you can see on my profile. Reviews dont really correlate to stays at all, as many people neglect to leave one. 

Enjoy your trip!