Somebody reserve my house just to come and steel almost everything

Somebody reserve my house just to come and steel almost everything

Be aware of new guests 

I got a reservation for 2 days ,she was new with Airbnb , no reviews,

we have communication while they where there,everything looks normal,

next day when we arrive the house was robbed  by them

took al the TVs ,vacuum,conforters ,even 10 pillows ,they took all the linens they can use to wrap TVs 

it was so sad 

please be aware this is costing me like $3000 dollars or more in damages plus the reservation I already lost

since the house is not ready to be rented

5 Replies 5
Hendrik47
Level 3
Kelberg, Germany

Oh man that must be a nightmare! I'm new on Airbnb as a Host since one month and what I realized is that with a complete new appartment you also get a lot of new members who are showing interest. I think without good ratings upfront I am faced with the uncomfortable situation too, that not only the lomg time users will show up on our place.

Fingers crossed that your lost can be compensated soon! 

This is the first time it happen ,I start with this house 10 months ago ,so far no problems but is really scary 

need to change locks and add cameras outside

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Jonathan-and-Ingrid0 , did you contact Airbnb? What are they doing about it? I hope you are receiving enough help and support from them!

I I receive a case number but nobody call me so far 

don’t know what’s happening

i went and buy new TVs all again yesterday ,because I have guests tomorrow

but Airbnb have not call me to discuss ,so I don’t know  what’s happening 

im very scare and disappointed 

dont know what to do

and I didn’t have cameras outside my house

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Jonathan-and-Ingrid0 

Aside from Airbnb you need to call the police and file a police report. Airbnb will not give you any information on the guest but they will give it to the police. You also need to make sure that guests who are verified with a government ID are the only ones who have the option to book instantly. You can change this in your booking settings.