Someone hacked into my airbnb account

Laura420
Level 2
Fort Worth, TX

Someone hacked into my airbnb account

Someone hacked into my airbnb account on 7/29/16 and I just now noticed it. I just changed my pw to a stronger pw. However they started a listing which I would like removed. How do I go about getting it removed. Getting a live person at airbnb seems to be rather challenging.

10 Replies 10
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

The listing is not showing up on your profile. Frustrating that you are getting hacked, but it looks like you have solved it. Hope so.

Laura420
Level 2
Fort Worth, TX

Thank you for taking time to respond.

The listing was started but isn't finished. It's for Shiyah China. So everytime I log into airbnb.com it is telling me to go finish my listing.

So, is there anyone at airbnb that needs to be advised of this? How do I tell them? 

*Shiyan China

minor typo

Laura420
Level 2
Fort Worth, TX

The e-mail I got after changing my password is in chinese.

I e-mailed a host this morning, and the host's e-mail that was sent back to me was a mix of chinese and english. 

This is so irritating.

I have accessed my account settings and verified that my "Country of Residence" is United States. What else do I need to do to change my account back to English?

Perhaps I need to cancel this airbnb account and start over with a new one.

I changed my preferred language back to English.

I've never had problems accessing live people at Airbnb using these numbers:  1-415-800-5959, or  1-855-424-7262.  I suggest you contact them right away to remove this listing underway.

Thank you. I just couldn't find the contact info.

I would say not to cancel your account. You have a nice review and you shouldn't have to lose that. Can you go to the incomplete listing? When you log on and are invited to complete your listing, click whatever button you are offered. For an activated listing you go to Basics in Manage Listing, then click Deactivate This Listing. It might be different for an incomplete listing, but it is worth taking a look. You have the language set back to English now, and there is nothing public showing up to give you grief, so deleting that listing on your own might be your best bet. It is not very satisfying - no bad guys will be discovered or stopped - but you won't be annoyed anew every time you log on. Maybe take a screen shot of the incomplete listing so you have proof of it if you need it in the future, say if something else that is strange turns up.

Actually, @Lois-and-Darryl0 have a better answer than mine. Take my advice only if you get nowhere with theirs. 🙂

Thank you.