Someone reported my "listing"complete with the photos is found on roomsairbnb

Edwina0
Level 1
Jakarta, Indonesia

Someone reported my "listing"complete with the photos is found on roomsairbnb

Hi! I need suggestions since I think I have been scammed.

So I received an enquiry telling me that she has some doubts since she had found another place like mine with same photos and address but at a lowest price. The link she sent begins with roomsairbnb. I tried to respond to her enquiry but when I click pre-approve/decline as usual, it did not bring me to my airbnb account. I tried to open the link she provided as well and it came back with warning about the website. Now, I am really worried that someone has been using my photos to scam other people. What should I do?

Thanks,

Ed

roomsairbrb.website/airbnb/rooms/915384

4 Replies 4
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Its a scam. Dont go to the site.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Edwina0  Holy Cow!  Get in contact with Airbnb right away as your account may (and probably was) compromised by a scammer.  Unfortunately someone has gotten your email address linked to your Airbnb account (probably through phishing).  You should also check your account settings especially for notifications of account access from a computer other than yours.  After checking those settings, change your password.

But above all, contact Airbnb.  Best and fastest way is through twitter @airbnbhelp or on their Facebook page. 

Other contact options: 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highligh...

You need to get this resolved right away!

Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

@Edwina0

THis is a common scam that has happened with many hosts.  The person who contacted you with the inquiry is the scammer or criminal in this case.  There IS no "other place like yours with the same photos".!!!   She is making up that story in order to get you all worried and not thinking straight so that you click on the link provided, which takes you to a phishing site, that is, a fake AIrbnb website which is made to look like the Airbnb site, and then the criminals hope you log in there, in which case they can steal your log in info and access your Airbnb account. 

So what you and all hosts should do when you get such an inquiry is report it to Airbnb by flagging it -- on the desktop Airbnb site, click on the flag icon on the message.  

Read more about scams and how to avoid them here:  http://globalhosting.freeforums.net/thread/1158/common-technique-hackers-airbnb-hosts   Which references a previous post in this General Hosting board covering the exact same issue.  

Actually, Clare -- I dont' think Edwina's account has been hacked (yet).   Read the thread above where we went through this same discussion before.  These claims (by the criminal) that they saw your photos on another site are PHONY!!!   Hosts really need to understand this -- the entire point of this message to you is to get you to click on the link. The entire story is phony, all made up  -- there is no other listing with your photos on it!  Just don't log in on any pages that someone sends you a link to.  We will be here giving hosts this same advice til the cows come home but new hosts will often have the same confusions and unfortunately this is how criminals gain access to accounts.  Hosts just aren't thinking this thru when they click on the links.  

@Deborah0  You're right!  I guess what I had in mind was this scenario: 

Duplicate Listings in Berlin.JPG

But the listing website the scammer referred to was the real tell.