Soon its up to 50 payouts that hasn't been released by Airbnb and Airbnb keeps quiet.

CandBaker0
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

Soon its up to 50 payouts that hasn't been released by Airbnb and Airbnb keeps quiet.

Hey community members.

So ive been hosting the last weeks and last week I found out that the payouts was still stuck in Future payouts, even the guests had completed their trip the payouts wasnt processed and released by airbnb. Today i think its up over 40 stay ive hosted and over 40 payouts that hasnt been released. 

Ive been in contact with Airbnb x amount of times the last 7 days, talked with different persons who told me different reasons from "Its released", its public holiday, its just a glitch in the system and it will come within 24 hours. Its been taking me days to make them understand that they are not even releaed by  Airbnb, they dont have transfer ID, and being a host for many years I know how it works in the system, Ive seems to know more then most of the agents ive been talking with on the phone and email.

So far no help, they are keep quiet when they realised maybe something is wrong and tellign me they cant do more, they will send a case to another departement that cant be reached by phone, neither did anyone get in contact with me even this case was put on urgent/critical.

Im continue hosting and soon there is no money to cover the costs for hosting the guests. Airbnb doesnt seem to take it serious that they havent seent soon 50 payouts that belongs to us.

What should I do to really get their attention? Twitter airbnb, call, email. So far nothing helped and for me this start to get critical 😞 They just want me to continue host witout taking their own responsibility it feels like.

Thanks for any advice.

13 Replies 13
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Perhaps tell them that you will need them to cancel all future guest reservations WITHOUT any penalties to you as a host (No "Host cancelled this reservation" on your account or deductions from future payouts, or loss of your Superhost status due to cancellations, in other words, a "neutral" cancellation) due to their seeming inablilty to release your past payments. That you would hate to have your guests cancelled, but that you can't afford to host people if Airbnb doesn't pay you for the bookings.

Rebecca0
Level 10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

That's shocking.  I would be furious.   It is well documented that calling Airbnb support is pot-luck - you may get someone who knows what they're doing but most likely not.

Keep trying and don't be polite!   Sarah gives good advice.  Tell them you will cancel all future reservations and pull your listings from the site.

Good luck.

Im shockign as well since Airbnb have high requirements on me giving the best experience hosting the guests but dont take their time to solve the issue the payouts is stuck in the system. Its really frustrating talking with support people, to know more how it works and then ending the conversationg with "sorry there is nothing more I can do more then send this case to the right department who works with payouts. Im just afraid that this will take the same time it took for one payout i had issue with 6 months ago, and it took them 6 weeks to solve. 

@Rebecca0  Actually I disagree with you about not being polite, not because it's not warranted in this situation, but simply because that's one of the quickest ways to get Airbnb to ignore you. Firm and persistent for sure, but if you yell at them, tell them they're incompetent, or any of that, they use that as an excuse to dismiss you.

All these useless fluffy feel-good "gifts" that airbnb sends hosts (altho I've never gotten any, even the map they said they just sent out to all Superhosts for Superhost week)- they should send an Airbnb CS dart board instead for hosts to get their frustrations out on.

i have little different issue but same outcome,long story short my bank account became suddenly invalid ,later i was unable to add new payout method ,it always say try again later ,tried different devices ,always the same. I called few times and had different case managers but no one could explain to me whats going on exactly. Since i have obligations and bills to pay. I decided to de list my 3 listings and I asked them to cancel future reservations which they did without penality. so sad for me really not just that i didnt get my money but due to the fact that i love hosting and welcoming airbnb guests .its really heart breaking. They now lost 3 listings in my city and my prices were very low compared to other listings ,i was always on the first page and sometimes the first property 😞

Sorry to hear this also! Did you host many times and never got payed for these times either from Airbnb?

yes but not many times. There was 10 days gap between this payout and next reservation so I had plenty of time to take the decision when i found out that there is no solution coming soon.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@CandBaker0

You have 39 listings and 1,400 reviews.

Just write to all of Your upcoming guests that they have to pay cash on arrival as airbnb doesn't pay You and You need the money to continue  business. All these guests will then call airbnb and complain big time - let's see what happens next.

I'm having problems with payouts @ the moment as I can't provide government id as I'm waiting for replacement drivers licence.I have been receiving payouts for the last 12 months & woke on Boxing Day to an email asking for verification & that I won't receive payment untill provide it.I can't even get to speak to anyone except operators,I waited 2 days for a call back which I never received so called again requesting to speak to a manager but it didn't happen so requested a call back @ a arranged time as I have poor phone coverage & it would allow them 4 hours to look into it.They called back later & I missed their call.Ive now run up £138 phone bill useing the free toll option!!!

So resorted to messaging to which I received no return explanation except for your case has been closed.

I have explained the urgency of the matter,that it is my sole income & threatened to turn guests away but they just don't seem to care.I was lied to by the first operator regarding why no email was sent forewarning of the upcoming request.

I am a super host & allways do my very best to make sure my guests enjoy the time they spend @ my property but this experience is really making me think about other places to take my business.

Why not use your passport?

Hi My passport has expired & I have not renewed it yet...I have asked for payments to continue for 2 more weeks untill my drivers licence arrives but like I said no call back from manager etc to discus options.I want to provide verification but can't @ this very moment.

Some people don't have either passport or drivers licence what would be the procedure in this case?

Leah175
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

Have you heard anything yet? I have not had a single payout since December 14th. They have over $3,000 of my money and keep giving me the go around as well. Bills are due and I do not have the money to pay them. Really frustrating and I know of several others having the same issue!

I dont know a lot about your area I would think you have something like the attorney general office? 

I am personally dealing with someone who throught a chair through my hugh living room window. The window alone cost $1800 the chair was found in the ditch at my house. I rent the entire house as an event house.

At first AIRBNB said oh dont worry we have a million dollar insurance policy just ask the guest for payment. Then wait 72 hours. I got busy and checked back in about a week later and now their telling me to resend request to guest and wait 72 hours.