South Korean Cancellation policy

South Korean Cancellation policy

In the past, when we had a guest book from South Korea, we were sent a message if we wanted to have this guest because we would need to abide by the deal that South Korea made with Airbnb. Recently, we had a guest book and it did not say they were from South Korea and also we never received the message from Airbnb with yes or no to honor the deal.  On the third day of her reservation, she decided that she wanted to go to the other side of the island and checked out.  We were totally shocked that Airbnb gave her 50% refund.  This policy needs to end ASAP!  This is not fare to hard working hosts, that South Koreans can just decide to change their plans during their reservation and get a refund!  Airbnb needs to have a global policy for all the guests.  

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Diana-And-Lando0 😊

I am sorry to hear your about the cancellation experience with the guest.

I do have the similar  situation with the South Korean travelers.

However , in my experience South Korean guests are kind, politely and respected.it is always my pleasure to meet them.

Airbnb Targeted by Korea’s Fair Trade Commission In Refund Policies.
Korean Fair Trade Commission is the cause in Airbnb refund policy,do note that Airbnb informed the host worldwide about the refund policy of South Korean travelers and before gets to the confirmation notification.

As Airbnb sent another notification to the hosts regarding the new refund policy for South Korean Travelers in every booking.

As article below regarding the Korean Fair Trade Commission and Airbnb,

https://web.vreasy.com/airbnb-south-korea-cancellation/

Happy Hosting✌️

I am kind and polite, but not given different treatment when I book a hotel.

Hello Dale and Dan,

you are assuming that Airbnb is sending warnings to host before the reservation,  but I can assure you that I haven’t received any communication regarding refund policy for South Koreans.  I learned by the hard way after one of them cancelled the reservation.

Adrian105
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

We've been accepting Koreans for three or four years -- slightly peeved that they can cancel so easily but accepting it -- but we too were shocked yesterday when a guest cancelled on check-in day and got 50% refund for her two-day stay here on Christmas high season including Christmas Eve. The room is now empty! No explanation or apology even from the guest. We never realized the Korean exceptions went so far.

Seriously thinking of stopping accepting any new Korean bookings...