Spam booking inquiry

Answered!
Ranveer1
Level 2
Udaipur, India

Spam booking inquiry

Hello guys,

A few months ago I got an inquiry by the name George. He said "your space is beautiful, we will take care of it, don't worry...(bla bla!).

Lastly, he told me my listing is published twice with exactly the same pictures but with different prices. He also shared the link to the listing, I got confused as you cant share links on Airbnb without booking the place. I opened the link it was exactly the same as the Airbnb website, it asked for my login details as Airbnb website, I put it. But guess what, nothing comes up! there was no such listing on that link, I contacted George again but he didn't reply so I got worried and contacted Airbnb Support Team. They told me never to click on these links and put login details it might be a SCAM! I checked my account login details it showed my account was logged in at Amsterdam! and a new account was linked in my payment methods. 

I changed my password at everything all I want to say is please be aware of these guys if this happened with me might happen with someone else too. 

1 Best Answer

@Ranveer1  Unfortunately this is a pretty common phishing scheme. See here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/how-do-i-know-if-an-email-or-website-is-really-from-airbnb

Changing your password was very important, but be sure to look closely through your transaction history, settings, and payout methods. Several hosts have reported that after getting phished, their payouts were diverted to a foreign account.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

@Ranveer1  Unfortunately this is a pretty common phishing scheme. See here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/how-do-i-know-if-an-email-or-website-is-really-from-airbnb

Changing your password was very important, but be sure to look closely through your transaction history, settings, and payout methods. Several hosts have reported that after getting phished, their payouts were diverted to a foreign account.

I just got a scam inquiry.  Here's the message:

-------------------------------------

Melanie3:15 PM
Hello, me and my husband would like to spend our 20 years marriage anniversary in your property.But i also had a few questions, why is your ad twice on airbnb? With different prices...

Here is the other listing:
http : / abn . app - host - list - ***** . casa

What should I rent?
-------------------------------------
(I used * in place of numbers)

I clicked the link (dummy me).  Thank goodness, my browser recognized it as a scam website and wouldn't open it so no harm done.  Airbnb also recognized it as potentially dangerous; a warning and a link to click to report it showed up on the inquiry page.  The warning referenced only something about receiving payments outside of Airbnb, but I used the link to report it anyway.

I just got the same one. Did not click on the link.  Reported and blocked the sender.

Divya39
Level 2
Bengaluru, India

Same thing is happening with me .. too many spam enquiry and dey write their contact  number using alphabet .. and also insist to come n check out the place before booking 

Divya

@Divya39 these things seem to come in waves. We had a lot , reported them and haven't had any since. I assume the scammers have moved on to a different scam.