Special Offer Bug and they won't fix it

Alastair0
Level 9
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Special Offer Bug and they won't fix it

Hi fellow hosts, are you having the same problem.

A prospective guest sends a request to book a room and puts 2 people but asks if 3 can stay.

The room won't hold 3 but we do have a room that has 3 beds, called the art studio. Here is the problem. I want to send the guest a special offer for the Art Studio room BUT I cannot change the number of guests to 3...It wont let me put more than 2. It defaults to the number of guests in the original enquiry.

The listing for the studio (if booked directly) , the guest can put up to 4 people, the special offer wont.

I have lost a number of potential bookings as even though I show the other rooms and the links to those rooms it is beyond the capability of some guest to use it.

I have sent a few requests to tec support reporting this bug but nothing has been done.

Happy New Year

Al & Nok

Rice Barn and Rooms Chiang Mai Thailand

Hosting for 12 years Superhost for most of that time and have grown each year.
2 Replies 2
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Alastair0. From what I understood from your post you mean that someone books the room, you offer the studio. They are two different listings, so what you want to do is to move them from one listing to the other. Is that so? The special offer option is quite a different tool - you can change in fact the price of a booking in this way, but you cannot change any other details of that booking or inquiry using 'special offer.' 

To move the guest between the two listings you need to use the tool 'change' and then you proceed according to the prompts. You will be changing their reservation, not sending them special offer.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hi

Thanks for the reply and your thoughts.

Firstly we havent accepted the booking because it is incorrect ie they request 2 but want 3.

I can go to "sent special offer" and I can change the room type and I could if needed change the dates and it automaticaly recalculates the cost, however I cannot change the number of guests from 2 to 3.

I have in the past been able to change an already booked reservation, when a guest sees an even better room than the one they reserved, with no problem at all and the price has been changed and updated accordingly.

So its my thought that if I can change the room, the date and the price but can't change the number of guests there is a bug in the programming.  That said I could sent the guest a special offer with the correct price but then have to reasure the guest that even though the booking say 2, I actualy meen 3. Not a good result.

Al

Hosting for 12 years Superhost for most of that time and have grown each year.