Special Pricing

Linda134
Level 1
Digby, Canada

Special Pricing

I am a new AirBnB host.    If I apply a special pricing after AirBnB has set the guests price, do I still get billed the full amount?   Example - If a guest is staying 4 nights they will be booked according to our site at $190 each night or $760 for the 4 nights.  If I give them 4 nights at $150 = $600.  Do I get billed by AirBnB for the $760 or the $600?     Thanks for your help.   Linda

5 Replies 5
Sharon64
Level 10
Tampa, FL

If you have already accepted the normal price and then want to offer a special price; you will need to cancel that bookng and then send another one with the special price. The special price includes the cleaning fee. Just make sure you communicate with the guest what you are doing and why.

Sharon64
Level 10
Tampa, FL

Your Airbnb cost will show $600 and the Airbnb fees will be taken from that.

City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

If the host cancels there will be penalties and the dates will be blocked.  If the guest cancels they won't get a 100% refund.

I don't see that the price can be changed after the booking is accepted without penalizing someone.

Why do you want to lower the price?

AirBnb does not bill the host for the cost of the stay, they charge the guest.

I don't know what you mean about getting billed for it.

Miranda4
Level 4
Elvas, Portugal

Whatever you do, don't cancel! Despite what people are saying here, it's very simple to change the price. Simply go to the reservation in the reservations tab, and select "Change or Cancel" (in red at the right). Then select "Change Reservation," and in the next window, put the new price in. The guest will need to accept the change (why wouldn't they?). Fees both to you and to the guest will be based on the new price, not the original one. Easy peasy.

Miranda4
Level 4
Elvas, Portugal

(Note the small print in the change-reservation window: 

"If the changes are accepted, the new reservation will be governed by the following policy:

Alterations are subject to availability and may require approval by both the guest and the host. If the changes are accepted, the guest will be charged or refunded the difference between the amounts of the original and new reservation. Airbnb service fees will update correspondingly with the change in price.")