Special offer not showing in full

Special offer not showing in full

Hi there, 

The host I'm about to book with has apparently applied a 30% special offer discount to my booking, but it's only showing as 18% when I go to book. 

The host was apparently advised that it is due to the airbnb fee on top, but my understanding is that the "Service Fee" is the airbnb fee, which is also being charged here. 

Does anyone know why such a discrepancy might happen? 

Thanks,

Ana 

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ana21088  Yes, the service fee has nothing to do with the host- it's Airbnb's charge. Perhaps the host has some other discount settings (weekly, monthly, etc)  that are conflicting with this one and causing the problem. But it's the host's problem to work out with Airbnb, there's nothing that you as a guest can do about it. The answer the host says she was given sounds wrong-she should contact them again in the hopes she'll get a better rep who can help correct the special offer function.

There are also a lot of glitchy issues with the platform lately, not sure why, but it may have to do with them having to let go 1900 employees a couple weeks ago, so there may not be the manpower to correct platform issues in a timely fashion.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ana21088 When you go to book you will see the breakdown of charges, fees, taxes and discounts. I assume this shows 18%.

If the host has sent a special offer just to you then have you used what they have sent you rather than trying to book in the normal way?

Susan1144
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Ana21088  You've probably sorted the problem by now - but for the benefit of others, I have recently sent special offers to guests and they have reported back that the amounts don't change until they actually go to the payment section and then the correct figures appear!