Special offers on calendar

Casey-Bob0
Level 2
Austin, TX

Special offers on calendar

Hi,

I was looking at my calendar about a week ago and a box popped up on the right that said "do you want to offer a 10% discount for these days?" and I said yes. Well, I have 2 rooms listed in the same house, and the one that I did the offer on got 3 bookings right away. I want to figure out how to make a special offer available on my other room listing, but the box hasn't popped up again! Any ideas? 

Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

you can't make the coupon appear, but you can adjust your rate to whatever amount you're comfortable taking, also there are new ways to make special offers/discounts based on length of stay and those can be pegged to particular dates. Look under the pricing tabs or the multi-calendar

I have just spent nearly 1 hour on the phone to Airbnb and even they cannot work it out. You can only add a 10% discount on the dates that they choose. We wanted to add special discounts for properties that are not booked out in order to increase sales. I hope that Airbnb can sort a way out to do this as I know by reading the forums that there are many others also experiencing this issue.

We are new to this and our newly listed house was not booked, so we saw the option to give 10% discount during the next two weeks, so we set that up. Then someone booked for 40 days later and she got the 10% discount. We thought the next two weeks would be discounted and NOT booking during the next two weeks. This was very confusing since our discounted booking was for a holiday (July 4).

Hope Airbnb can explain this better to the hosts.