Specific breakdown of tax payouts

Specific breakdown of tax payouts

I have a unit in Hilton Head South Carolina.  Taxes are to be paid to the state; 5% State and 2% Occupancy and township; 3%.  I do not see any payout to the township.  Where can I find a specific breakdown of the taxes paid to each jurisdiction?

4 Replies 4
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Kevin470 The long and short is - you can’t. If you don’t see they’re paying a jurisdiction you know requires taxes to be paid, you are responsible for paying that jurisdiction on your own. 

Kim18
Level 2
Pitts, PA

Kevin, I have similar situation in Pittsburgh. You can see it all if you go from host dashboard (home)

- Select PROGRESS.

- Then inside of that screen, a sub-tab at top, EARNINGS.

- Scroll to VIEW TRANSACTION HISTORY.

- There is a very small icon, GROSS EARNINGS. This will give you a report that shows your occupancy taxes, untotaled. So I download the csv (the earnings summary doesn't help).

Not very friendly, but can be done.

Hi Kim - thank you for responding to this question.  I followed your instructions and got to the place where I see Occupancy Taxes however, it is not broken down, nor can I find to whom these funds were paid.  Have you been able to drill down any further than the Occupany Tax level?  We have a City Sales Tax, a Hospitality Tax, and a County Hotel/Motel Tax.  I'm trying to figure out which of these is being paid by Airbnb (hopefully all of them but I want to be sure).  Thanks in advance for shedding light on this topic.

Mike

Jacob498
Level 1
Louisville, KY

@Michael3029 did you ever find a solution to this? We are relatively new hosts, and we are having the EXACT same issue. Everyone keeps sending us to the gross earnings page, but of course there is no breakdown of what is collected and what amounts are sent to who. Any info or guidance you found would be appreciated.