Specifying listing location...

Answered!
Brian225
Level 1
Oakland Park, FL

Specifying listing location...

I'm new to AIRBNB but I have a question maybe someone can help with. My listing is in Oakland Park, FL. If you think to yourself "Where?", well that is my point. Oakland Park is surrounded by East Fort Lauderdale, a very high demand area. The problem is that when searching, I'm sure that when people enter Fort Lauderdale that my listing gets bypassed. Is there a way to have my listing come up when people enter Fort Lauderdale? I check listings that are only a few blocks away and I always see the "Your listing is in high demand for one or more dates..." when that listing could just as well be in my neighborhood and no one would know the difference, location wise. Where, when I check my listing for the same dates, I get no such message. If you check on a map you'll see what I mean. Kinda frustrating... 

Any help is appreciated.

Brian

1 Best Answer

@Brian225:

I went to Airbnb and simply entered Ft. Lauderdale into the search bar. The houses listed are both north and south of Oakland Park, so no worries, you've got a good chance of showing up. I've uploaded a picture so you can see.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

@Brian225:

I went to Airbnb and simply entered Ft. Lauderdale into the search bar. The houses listed are both north and south of Oakland Park, so no worries, you've got a good chance of showing up. I've uploaded a picture so you can see.

I DON'T SEE MY LISTING AT ALL.  

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Laura1044,

Welcome to the Community Center!

Usually, it takes a couple of hours before your listing is visible to the public. I could also find a guide to 'How to get more Airbnb bookings' in the Community Center—I thought that this might be useful for you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I have 2 listings and want different locations on the map so that the reader

can see both, at 2 different prices, as matching the 2 different listings,

but the system doesn't allow me to set the locations on the map.