Spending all earning to relist my space, with no cohesive follow through with Airbnb andIDFY

Harold25
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Spending all earning to relist my space, with no cohesive follow through with Airbnb andIDFY

Hey everyone, wish all is well.  Im writing about this, because I cant believe that any other host has to have gone through this circus of requests; with no results!  Earlier this year India has put many new govenment regulations in place which forced Airbnb to unlist my space.  I was told to simply add a co-host, and my listing would be put back up.  I spent my earnngs from last year, and my own personal funds to fly to Goa, India and do what was asked.  My co-host is a local person whom has helped host in my absence, earning at least 20% of my bookings.  Unfortunalty he is not tech savvy, so as I said I went there to assist him, and enable him with technology by giving him an iphone5s.  Since arriving in India, the communication between Airbnb and myself has been quick and simple.  When I was told to expect email verifications from IDFY, this is still an ongoing uphill battle to get the verification email sent to my cohost.  It has been over 6 weeks, and I have had to return to Canada for the holidays.  This time of the year is when my listing is so popular, and not being able to put my listing back up, is frustrating.  I almost feel that I am being forced to do these things with no professional guidance, or follow through.  Does anyone have any contact person within Airbnb or IDFY that I may be able to partner with to get this done ASAP!  

2 Replies 2
Kirandeep0
Level 2
Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, India

Hi , I had to add a local host aswell but i was able to do every thing by myself. My cohosts mobile no and id proof was given . no probs were faced by me. 

Sudha5
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Same problem here as mentioned by Harold with my property in india. Added my dad in india as co-host for my listing, all of his verification is completed successfully per the email from idfy..  yet my listing is still unlisted .. despite of emails and phone calls, its still unlisted.