Split Payment/Credit Card cancelled in-between payments

Answered!
James701
Level 2
Edmonton, Canada

Split Payment/Credit Card cancelled in-between payments

Hi,

So I made a successful reservation and split the payment into two sums. The first went through without issue, but a couple of days before the second payment was supposed to go through my credit card was hacked and cancelled. It would appear I cannot for some reason pay the balance with any card other than the one I set up payment with. But this is obviously impossible. Any ideas? This has been incrediby frustrating to try and navigate so any insight would be very much appreciated.

best,

j

1 Best Answer

It's sorted out--I had to wait for the payment to fail which generated a 'give us money' email which finally allowed for a different card to be processed. My other card was listed in my information but I guess Airbnb wants everything to be paid with the same card so I wasn't able to switch it over until the payment failed. Thanks for the reply!

j

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Inga52  No there is no repercussions, they know cards expire or get compromised.  Just make sure to check your spam mail if you do not get a notice in your mail when it fails to pay. They send you an emil link to add a new payment method. 

Gina353
Level 2
Morton, PA

It seems like they have made it so we can fix it proactively, without waiting for an email from them.

I just lost my card and froze the credit card account, then added a new credit card to my Airbnb account. But then saw a message saying payment type can't be changed for an existing reservation. I then tried going into the reservation itself:
Clicked on "Your Home Reservation"
Scrolled down and under "Payment Details" clicked "Get Receipts and Manage Payments."
Scrolled down again, and under "Scheduled Payments" clicked "Update payment details."
It then gave me the ability to select the new card and click "Submit."
There was also the option to pay the second payment as scheduled in a few days, or to pay now. So to test if the new card would work I chose the “pay now” option.
A few minutes later I received a receipt via email saying that the balance had been successfully paid by a card with the last 4 digits of the new credit card.

Hi Gina, 

I've tried to do this myself today however I've got as far as 'updating my payment details'  but I can't see or find the 'pay now' option. Do you have any more information on this? 

Many thanks. 

This worked for me. Thanks!

@Gina353 wrote:

It seems like they have made it so we can fix it proactively, without waiting for an email from them.

I just lost my card and froze the credit card account, then added a new credit card to my Airbnb account. But then saw a message saying payment type can't be changed for an existing reservation. I then tried going into the reservation itself:
Clicked on "Your Home Reservation"
Scrolled down and under "Payment Details" clicked "Get Receipts and Manage Payments."
Scrolled down again, and under "Scheduled Payments" clicked "Update payment details."
It then gave me the ability to select the new card and click "Submit."
There was also the option to pay the second payment as scheduled in a few days, or to pay now. So to test if the new card would work I chose the “pay now” option.
A few minutes later I received a receipt via email saying that the balance had been successfully paid by a card with the last 4 digits of the new credit card.