Split Payment/Credit Card cancelled in-between payments

Answered!
James701
Level 2
Edmonton, Canada

Split Payment/Credit Card cancelled in-between payments

Hi,

So I made a successful reservation and split the payment into two sums. The first went through without issue, but a couple of days before the second payment was supposed to go through my credit card was hacked and cancelled. It would appear I cannot for some reason pay the balance with any card other than the one I set up payment with. But this is obviously impossible. Any ideas? This has been incrediby frustrating to try and navigate so any insight would be very much appreciated.

best,

j

1 Best Answer

It's sorted out--I had to wait for the payment to fail which generated a 'give us money' email which finally allowed for a different card to be processed. My other card was listed in my information but I guess Airbnb wants everything to be paid with the same card so I wasn't able to switch it over until the payment failed. Thanks for the reply!

j

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Are you saying you can't edit your credit card information in your airbnb profile? If so, you should give airbnb a call and hopefully they can straighten it out for you. Contact info is pinned at the beginning of this Help forum. Believe me, Airbnb wants your $.

It's sorted out--I had to wait for the payment to fail which generated a 'give us money' email which finally allowed for a different card to be processed. My other card was listed in my information but I guess Airbnb wants everything to be paid with the same card so I wasn't able to switch it over until the payment failed. Thanks for the reply!

j

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @James701,

Welcome to the CC (Community Center).

Thanks for the update! I'm happy to hear that everything got sorted for you. 

I hope you have a great stay. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi, I'm about to go through the same problem where my credit card was hacked and cancelled and a payment for accomodation is still pending. I have another credit card listed  (which is now my default card) and hopefully my booking won't get cancelled even though I've already paid for half of it?

@Violetta4did it work out for you too? I'm about to go through the same problem too.

Hi Cherie, It worked out but only after I called Airbnb and finding a telephone number was not easy. Can't remember how I did it. Sorry. Hope you come right.

Hi Cherie, 

did they tell you that you have 6 days to pay after the payment failed? They told me that through the help desk but I am worried still about my reservation getting cancelled 

Hi. I have the same problem. What did you do? How did it work out?

Hi,

Do you issue with your payment on another listed credit card?

@Chiang-Fong0  Yes, here's the number for your area if you have issues. 

For Malaysia :

Toll free : 1800 889 814

Local Number : 03-7724 0164

I am in the same situation myself... I have added a new card already and the final payment is not due until August. Do they cancel your booking straightaway or did you have time to resolve the situation? Any insight would be really appreciated. Thanks, Christine 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Cherie33 & @Violetta4  What happens is when the credit card listed get declined they send you and email that you have 24 hours to update your credit card information. Unfortunately more times than not this message ends up in your spam box and people miss it, so the reservation cancels. Make sure to check ypur spam around the time your payment was due.

Hi! I’m having a problem where my card was hacked. The payment is supposed to come out this Thursday but the help desk says I have until the 16th to pay. I trust them but am still worried about my reservation getting canceled 

Inga52
Level 1
Artane, Ireland

I'm in the same situation, and I'm a little worried about getting a black mark against my name for non-payment for two upcoming trips - for those who had ths issue and let it bounce was there any repercussions?