Splitting bill between my family

Lisa6023
Level 2
Wittmann, AZ

Splitting bill between my family

Hi, how do I split bill to be fair With my family? I’m paying the total bill and they are paying me back, We are a total of 16 persons staying in a 7 bedroom house. Do I split bill per person? Per family? Per room? Please help! I just want to be fair 

thank you 

17 Replies 17

@Lisa6023 

When I travel with family and friends, 18 person with infants. We split the bill by per person and kids paid the same price. Everyone are happy!

This is quite an extreme take.

Splitting a 100 euro meal is not the same as a 2k AirBnb. The OP didn't say they just booked a place and forced people to go. I'm assuming that a family going on a big holiday agreed to do so together and had some input in the size/no. of bedrooms etc.

I would try and read the original post first next time instead of throwing out words like callous and accusing people of taking advantage of their family.

Angelica-Y-Jorge0
Level 10
Mazatlán, Mexico

@Lisa6023 If you are handling the financial part of it. Make the decision that you feel is fair and send everyone their bill. If they do not pay, they do not attend the vacation. Someone has to be the leader or everyone will just run wild with their opinions. 

None are wrong they are just different. Someone has to lead and make the choices for the rest.

Jorge