Stains on sofa

Shehryar1
Level 2
Islamabad, Pakistan

Stains on sofa

This is the first time that has happened so i dont know what to do. So the guest i hosted for one night had good reviews and sounded like a good guy. He left stains of oil on the sofa looked like he wiped his hands after eating the pizza that he left on the table. What should i do in this case?

4 Replies 4
Danielle476
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

It's likely not worth your time pursuing this with the guest - what would you even charge them?  $20 for time spent cleaning it/supplies?  Not really worth it in my opinion - they'd probably decline the payment request and you'd wind up with a bad review.  I'd chalk it up to the cost of doing business, get it cleaned and maybe make sure you leave paper towels/cloths within reach for your guests moving forward.  It's annoying for sure, but these things happen unfortunately!  Best of luck.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Shehryar1  Upholstered furniture that doesn't have removable covers that can be easily removed and cleaned just aren't good choices for an Airbnb, as you sadly found out. If you buy or have some slipcovers made, it can save you a lot of grief.

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

This is why I only have leather furniture (vinyl would work as well) in my unit; it's easier to wipe down and clean and stains don't become permanent.

I wouldn't disclose that in the review; unfortunately, I believe that this is one of the costs of doing business. More than likely, it wasn't intentional.

Shehryar1
Level 2
Islamabad, Pakistan

@Danielle476  Thanks for your reply yes you are right wont be a good case to fight for. I do give two tissue boxes one in the living room and the other one in the bedroom. 

@Sarah977 yes that a good idea thanks.
@Maia29 you know what came up on my mind as soon as i saw the marks that if i had a leather sofa this wont be an issue at all. Good idea though i might consider changing my sofa.
“Thanks for your replies”