Standby Pricing

Answered!
John_Mary1
Level 8
Palm Cove, Australia

Standby Pricing

I would like to set up Standby Pricing for guests booking within 3 days of arrival.

I thought I saw somewhere that this is possible but I can't find the option in my pricing options.

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi @John_Mary1 an @Matthew285 ,

There is an option "last minute pricing" available. Allthough at least in my part of the world...i just noticed it was there. It says it is in "beta", so maybe not available to everybody, so i included a screenshot to proove it. (Not sure this pricing option can be used if "smart pricing" is on)

cc3.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10

Hi,

"I would like to set up Standby Pricing for guests booking within 3 days of arrival."

If they arrive, they have a allready a reservation (booking). So are you referring to extending a reservation ?

Or some "last minute" offer, for guests wanting to check-in within 3 days from current date ?

Best regards,Emiel

@Emiel1, I think @John_Mary1 mean a "Last Minute" offer for when they have a vacancy coming up in the next 3 days and want to fill it at the last minute.

I am not sure how to do last minute discounts other than to manually edit the pricing of the upcoming days.

Does anyone else know how to do it?

Thank you Matthew.  Yes that is it "Last Minute".

I don't mind manually editing the dates but I can't see how to do that either.

@John_Mary1, are you using the app (iOS or Android) or are you using the web page?

On the web page, go to your Hosting Dashboard, and select the "Calendar" tab.

Once the calendar appears, you can select one or more dates on the calendar. Once you have some dates selected, you should see an area on the right that lets you change the pricing for the days you selected.

The help article is here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/37/how-do-i-manage-my-pricing-on-my-calendar

Thank you SO much Matthew.

We are using Smart Pricing and because of that the nightly pricing option was not immediately evident.  However by following your advice it made me look harder at that panel on the right. I realised then that if I clicked the 'X' next to Smart Pricing it allowed me to bypass Smart Pricing for the nights I wished to enter a lower price.

Emiel1
Level 10

Hi @John_Mary1 an @Matthew285 ,

There is an option "last minute pricing" available. Allthough at least in my part of the world...i just noticed it was there. It says it is in "beta", so maybe not available to everybody, so i included a screenshot to proove it. (Not sure this pricing option can be used if "smart pricing" is on)

cc3.jpg

Thank you Emiel.  I turned off Smart Pricing and now I have been able to activate the last-minute functionality.  That suits us better than Smart Pricing.  Thank you again for your info.