Star Ratings

Rich35
Level 2
Providence, RI

Star Ratings

One of my first guests wrote an expansive positive review, with a private posiive comment.  But he also gave us 4 stars on accuracy, cleanliness and value -- the others ones were 5 stars.  I want to find out more without being inappropriate.  I am thinking something like "help us improve our new space, I notice we have some work to do on...."  ,  Any ideas or feedback? I also read that some hosts explain the  rating system so that guests know tht 4 may be "very good" to them but is a black mark for hosts.  Your thoughts ? Thanks

3 Replies 3
Claire182
Level 2
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

Yes, I've been in the same position. 50+ 5* reviews, and one of our early guests who decided to write nice comments but leave a 4* review, and I wish I'd opened a dialogue with them immediately to see if I could get them to review. If you can, I would tactfully talk to them in the way that you described. I'd be interested to see how hosts describe the ratings so that this is less likely to happen.

Pamela104
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have had two 4 star ratings of late and one even though commented abd said I had a great location market 4* on the location the other although said it was great and was enthusiastic and has been a host herself in the past gave me 4* or at least I think she did as I can't seem to see exactly where the * was downgraded.  I was previously able to dig down into the ratings but now it only gives me the high level.  Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. 

My location and listing is a tad quirky and I make that clear in the summary, unfortunately regardless of how much I put myself out (giving a lift to the station, and repeating information already available) which I did for both of these bookings it isn't appreciated.  Perhaps there should be a rating for say what you mean on there that we as hosts can rate !!!!  Anyway it has made me think "don't put yourself out above and beyond".

Ben205
Level 10
Crewkerne, United Kingdom

I'm thinking, perhaps it was good to get these 4* ratings out the way early on. It's going to happen, and in the long-term isn't going to be an issue. When doing surveys (more so on a 1-10 scale) I almost never give full-marks. There's always something better out there, even if I haven't experienced it!

It's the way some people are. Go with it, keep your standards high and be helpful and friendly when you can.