Starting a Home Sharing Club -- why is this so difficult and unclear?

John219
Level 3
El Paso, TX

Starting a Home Sharing Club -- why is this so difficult and unclear?

Hello All,

I've been trying to start a home sharing club in my town, through aribnb's platform, for a month. I've filled out numerous forms, trying to get the process going, and where I'm told at the end of filling out the form: "thanks for the submission, we'll get back to you soon", ...and no one ever does.  Here is my current guess as to how a new home sharing club gets started:  either 3 hosts, or 5 hosts from the same area must fill out the form, (even though the form makes you think that you are applying to _lead_ or administer the local home sharing club), before airbnb forms the club.  _Then_ local hosts can see that there is a local club, and now they just need to click the link to join.  There is also a link to "join the mailing list" for home sharing clubs.  This never happens, or maybe only happens after airbnb forms the club.

There is no explanation of this process.  The airbnb customer experience rep has been as nice and freindly as she can be, but she is also in the dark on the mysterious process of forming a home sharing club.  Whatever the process, it is counter intuitive and very frustrating.  There should be a club in every town and the process should be clear, easy and intuitive.

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you for reading,

John

1 Reply 1
John219
Level 3
El Paso, TX

Never mind.  I've started a hosting group on facebook.  It is a better tool anyway.  Admins, feel free to delete this post.

Thanks.