Stolen tv, hifi and other objects

Natalie101
Level 2
London, GB

Stolen tv, hifi and other objects

We have just arrived back at our home and seen the tv, hifi and other items have been stollen. We have come back from our honey moon and this is very unsettling. We had guests check in and I think the stolen items before they arrived. Previous guests must have copied a key as we always change the safe lock number.... is there any way Aibnb can help? Makes me want to cancel all my bookings as feel so unwell and happy. I can’t even find a number to contact Airbnb 😞

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Natalie101 poor you.

Have you contacted the police for a crime reference number? Have you evidence of the items in situ?

You can contact customer service for advice, but they'll want some evidence.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Natalie101 

I am so sorry you have come back from your honeymoon to find this. How devastating.

I presume you have already filed a police report. And that you think it was a previous guests because there was no sign of a break in.

It would seem strange that your last set of guests came into your listing, found major items not there such as a TV and hi fi and not said anything to you. Why do you think it wasn't them?

Who prepared the place before they arrived, was the TV and other items there then?

Take photos and video's. 

If you are sure it wasn't your last guests then claim on your home insurance for short term rentals.

If it could have been them then file a claim on the Airbnb guarantee.