Stop Emails after looking at a property

Answered!
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

Stop Emails after looking at a property

I like to look at properties on AirBnB to get ideas on what people like, etc.  However, every time I look at a property, I am then sent emails by AirBnB over the course of a few days or even weeks later encouraging me to book in that home location.  I don't want these emails, and I cannot just turn off or trash messages from AirBnB in my mail product as I may miss a rental request or message from a guest.  I just want emails relevant to my hosting activity.  Any suggestions?

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I think if you set your browser to "Incognito mode" rather than perusing when you are logged into your account or searching in normal mode, you may not get those emails anymore. I agree they're annoying, especially when you've been looking at other listings in your area to compare what the competition is doing and you get emails urging you to book in your own town. 

@Lorna170

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lorna170 

In your account there are different settings for receiving email.

Switching off email under section "promotions and tips" maybe will do the job ?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I think if you set your browser to "Incognito mode" rather than perusing when you are logged into your account or searching in normal mode, you may not get those emails anymore. I agree they're annoying, especially when you've been looking at other listings in your area to compare what the competition is doing and you get emails urging you to book in your own town. 

@Lorna170

@Sarah977 , your suggestion is probably the best.  I have gone in to the account email settings and turned off everything that I thought was not needed to receive host messages like @Emiel1  suggested, but I still get messaged if I look at a property while logged in, or, for example, if I look at the property of a person who has written on this forum.

I never get them from looking at a host's profile and listings when I do that from the forum- only from the main site. @Lorna170

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I've always had promotions and tips shut off for my email. But those urgings to book somewhere you've simply been perusing still get emailed. @Emiel1