Stop sending the Magazine - call Customer Service and complain

James113
Level 2
Arlington, VA

Stop sending the Magazine - call Customer Service and complain

I have been a super host for about 2 years now... and today I find 2 of these useless Airbnb Magazines stuffed into my tiny mailbox (yes 2 identical magazines on the same day).

I called Airbnb to cancel, and they directed me to an utterly disfunctionwl website that would never let me log in to cancel out the subscription.

I called Airbnb again. This time they told me to send an email.

No.  I’m sorry.  I’ve had enough of this.  I’ve spent far too mych of my valuable  time trying to cancel a subscription I never asked for in the first place.  

This is is what I have told them — you may want to do the same.

Every time I get this magazine, I will call Airbnb Customer Support and waste the valuable time of your employees as you have decided to waste mine.  If this continues for three months I will lodge a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau.   In addition that, if I discover I am ever being charged for this magazine, I will cancel my membership with Airbnb entirely and officially lodge yet another complaint with the BBB.  

I think if enough of us do this, they will be just a little more user-friendly to thier customers and provide this ability to thier Customer Support team directly, as any IT business can very, VERY easily do.

6 Replies 6
Thao24
Level 1
Arlington, VA

I also got 2 magazines earlier this week which I never asked for..  my mailbox was so full I had to tear another parcel to pull out everything.  I will call and complain too.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@James113 @Thao24   Send them back- "Return to sender-unsolicited junk mail".  Then at least they'll have to pay for the return postage, which should irritate them.

Carrie236
Level 1
Durham, NC

Does anyone understand how to identifiy the account number from the label? My label doesn't look like the one found here, https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/HR/ABB/combo_login_secondary.jsp?cds_page_id=214882&cds_mag_code=ABB&id=1...

and none of the combo of codes I find on the label actually work.

Ninette3
Level 2
Roanoke, VA

I get 4- FOUR magazines- I have called, written, tried to log in and they said last time those were the last ones and yet again here I have FOUR more magazines.  I can't log in to cancel as my label doesn't look like the one shown on the site.  

Has anyone had success canceling??? 

Diana325
Level 2
Baileys Harbor, WI

Would you please provide me with the Customer Service number you have.  I've looked high and low and never get closer than emails.  Thank you.  Diana

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Diana325 its in the help part of the community pinned at the top