Stop sharing Calendar

Pablo19
Level 2
Genoa, Italy

Stop sharing Calendar

Hello. I synchronized my airbnb calendar directly with the google calendar of the cleaning lady who stopped working with me and I would like to know how can I stop sharing it with her. Do you have any idea? Thank you!

Pablo 

9 Replies 9
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Pablo19,

Go to your calendar and click on "Manage settings" in the top right hand corner.

Then click on "Availability" and scroll down to the "Sync calendars" section.

You should then see a line for the calendar of your cleaning lady. Click the little bin icon on the right.

That will remove the calendar so it will no longer sync with your Airbnb calendar.

You have two listings. If both calendars are synced for your cleaning lady then you have to remove it from both.

Steve.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Steve143,Thanks for helping @Pablo19!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hello @Steve0. Thank you very much for your answer which I found only now... Something must've gone wrong with the notification, sorry!

As a matter of fact, I can see the imported calendars (Fewo, Booking) but I can't find any hint regarding the times I've exported the airbnb calendar (not only to the cleaning lady but, for example, to my own gmail calendar). Am I missing something...?

Thank you!

As a matter of fact, I can see the imported calendars sync.jpg-

Pablo

sync.jpg

Mark1098
Level 2
Warlingham, United Kingdom

Hi Pablo19 - did you find a solution.  I also need to stop a cleaner having access to my calendar.  

I have this same problem.  Previously I exported the calendar and used that URL to add to the housekeeper's calendar.  Now I want to change things so she can no longer see our AirBnB calendar.    Can I do that from the AirBnB Dashboard or do I need her phone to remove the URL?

Greg89
Level 2
SF, CA

If you did a calendar export at some point, My conclusion after a long, wasteful thread with support is that it can't be done. My conclusion with tech support is that they have now resorted to "gaslighting" by going back to suggestions about using google calendar when they already know you aren't using it. They went back to the google calendar suggestion saying "have you turned off your google calendar settings as recommended?". This is not a real question, it is a way of not admitting they had created an extremely broken system, with plenty of workaround today that can't undo the damage you did by sharing with a cleaner that, also in my case, later became untrustworthy. I had a cleaner who was squatting at my house and trashing it using the excuse that it was unocuppied. I feel like suing Airbnb for not only delaying the conclusion about the calendar by gaslighting me, but also for not giving us control over what is extremely private information. Not only that, having a way of knowing when "no one is at the house" that can't be blocked is a great way for criminals to plan a break-in. This is a serious problem and I may pursue legal action.

There are wiser ways to do this now. You import your own hosting calendar into a personal google calendar designed to do that, and then you share your google calendar with cleaners. It is easy to turn off that share. Google, for the most part, understands security and to a lesser extent privacy.

Thank you Greg for this useful information.  I have the same situation now that the cleaner I fired still have access to my calendar and there is nothing I can do about it.  Moving forward, I will only share Google calendar and share it instead as recommended.  I am disappointed that Airbnb doesn't provide an option for un-share calendar.  

Greg89
Level 2
SF, CA

Also, to make matters worse, they have something that could help in the future BUT... they will only give you access if you have 6 or more listings:

"To set up and manage a hosting team on Airbnb, You must be using professional hosting tools to create a team and have an account with 6 or more listings.

How can I use professional hosting tools-
https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2499/how-can-i-use-professional-hosting-tools"

This reminds me of the pressure exerted by Airbnb to force you to use instant booking and overtrust tenants who must be vetted carefully, by reserving the "2 positive reviews" check feature for those hosts who do instant booking.  I reject up to 10 applicants a month who despite an all caps warning think they can just skirt my rule about that.  Then later I get a message saying "you can be a better host by not rejecting so many applicants". Infuriating lack of respect for hosts.