Strange Postcode request

Answered!
Ronald176
Level 2
Coventry, United Kingdom

Strange Postcode request

Hello Everyone

I have just had this request below.  I will certainly not fulfil the request, but wanted people thoughts, and others to know what strange requests people make.

Hi  , I wonder if you can help? I have a driveway installation business that serves Coventry. Our offices are not in the city but for g-oo-gle to list our business as "serving" Coventry it needs to verify an address within the city. Our mailbox provider has now shut so we cant receive the confirmation postcard in Coventry like we have previously. We were wondering if we could book a night stay with you, without us actually needing to stay. On a night when you are unlikely to be filled otherwise and have the postcard sent to your address? All you would need to do is provide the code to us when the post arrives - Your address would not be shown on g_oo_gle on our listing it would just confirm we are able to do business in Coventry. I appreciate its a strange request! We are just trying to think outside the box and its an easy way for you to sell a nights stay without the bed needing to be changed! Hope you can help.

Many Thanks 

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ronald176  Sure sounds like a scammer to me.

I'm thinking this came in the form of an inquiry message rather than  a request? If so, just message back "No" to fulfill your response obligation (no need to waste declines on an inquiry) and click the flag next to the message to report the user as scamming.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ronald176  Sure sounds like a scammer to me.

I'm thinking this came in the form of an inquiry message rather than  a request? If so, just message back "No" to fulfill your response obligation (no need to waste declines on an inquiry) and click the flag next to the message to report the user as scamming.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Dodgier than a dodgy thing from dodgesville.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Gordon0 

Decline and report/flag the "guest" to Airbnb.