Stuck in Verify ID

Yu-Min0
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

Stuck in Verify ID

Hi, 

When I want to Verify ID, it always stuck in Phone or email verification complete. And it never went throght it. Does anyone can tell me how to go throught it?

102 Replies 102

I've been using the AirBnB app on my phone where I am "verified", but when I try to log in using my Macbook, not only does it say I am "unverified" but then locks up and completely won't even allow me to try to re-verify on my labtop.

This becomes an issue if there's something the iphone app won't let me do - for example, I booked for the wrong month on a reservation, realized my mistake this morning, and tried to modify the reservation.  The dates are available, the host was more than happy to allow the new date, but the app just won't let me choose the correct dates.

So when I try to use my laptop, I get locked out and nothing works whatsoever.

I've been trying to fix this exact same problem for two blessed years, and have never been able to do so, I gave up contacting anyone about it a long time ago.

I'm hoping customer service can at least help with the reservation so I don't have to cancel it, and re-try to book on my iphone in the hopes that it will allow me to select the right dates if I start anew.

Ridiculous, honestly.

Countless re-attempts to no avail. My guess is airbnb may not do adequate testing on Apple devices 😞

It can browse and book from my iPhone, however, everytime I use my computer (iMac, logged into same account), it tells me I have to upload my ID. If I upload a photo from my computer, then it tries to verify by send a message to my phone; I click the link in the message and get a screen saying successful. Back to the computer, nope, still asking me for an ID. Tried all three options for uploading (mobile app, browser, photo file). All fail....

LaDonna3
Level 2
Springfield, MO

I'm having the same problem. I'm going to VRBO. Since Airbnb can't get their act together!

John2591
Level 1
Springdale, AR

All,

Airbnb denies there is a problem.  All customer support could tell me was to clear my cache (LOL). After a few hours trying to figure it out, I have the following solution.

LOGIN and click your picture, select profile, select trust and verification.  Don't download the app -- its an endless loop.  Also, scanning your ID is a waste of time.  The only option that worked was to select 'take a picture from your browser' and use your webcam.  

I hope this helps others and saves you the time I wasted.

Hi All!

Did you take a picture of your ID with the webcam? Appreciate your help!

Christina807
Level 1
Pijnacker, Netherlands

This is the worst experience I have ever had trying to book a vacation! And Airbnb is totally not helping to sort out the verification process. 

I see all these posts are in 2017 but it's Sept 2019 and I'm having the exact same issue.  Can it really still not be working after 2+ years?????

Kathryn417
Level 1
Gwelup, Australia

Make sure the files are small and the file names are simple like "front.jpeg" or "back.jpeg"

Michael4743
Level 1
Chipping Norton, GB

Im having the same problem. Sent the images multiple times, tried customer support and downloaded the airbnb ap. Nothing works and all now loose my reservation. I've used airbnb for years without any problems. This is just rubbish.

I'm having the same nightmare! Absolutely daft. I have uploaded my driving license and then they want a photo. But they have a blinking photo of me....my profile pic.

Julie4069
Level 1
McQueeney, TX

Beyond frustrating this isn't fixed after 4 years of this thread. Recommendations here worked after half a day lost. I have an android. I took front and back photos of my license with my phone.  I exited the app and logged into Airbnb through Google Chrome. It prompts to ask if you if you want to use the app. ummm. no!. Verify ID. It will let you upload from your photos (I think as a JPEG). Took about 5 minutes and now says verified. Come on, Airbnb. Time to fix the app. 

Kim3233
Level 1
Hobe Sound, FL

Just got off the phone with Support - Having the same problem, tried 2 times on website and 2 times on app.  Keeps telling me that my photo is unclear.  Advised the owner of the property that I guess I can't rent.  Going to VRBO, always liked them better.  They do not have as many fees.  If I find a property that is on both Airbnb and VRBO - VRBO is alway cheaper.  

I hope this helps someone who has the same (frustrating) agony for the past 24 hours.  I tried ID and driving license - both on mobile app and computer.  Final trial - computer via webcam using driving license.  Weirdly, when the webcam was capturing the images, I found it out of focus and blurry....Yet the system accepted.  When I submitted clear photos, they were all rejected.   Several of you were right.. AirBnB gotta resolve the glitch.