Stuck in Verify ID

Yu-Min0
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

Stuck in Verify ID

Hi, 

When I want to Verify ID, it always stuck in Phone or email verification complete. And it never went throght it. Does anyone can tell me how to go throught it?

102 Replies 102
Kim-and-Jen0
Level 10
Oslo, Norway

Hi there 🙂 You have to upload a government ID for example Passport or driving license.

Here is the link that might help.

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1237/how-does-providing-identification-on-airbnb-work#editphotos

Good luck

We understand how it should work.  The problem is that there's a bug so the three options are ineffective and don't actually work.  AirBNB provides no support other than to explain how it is supposed to work. 

Did you ever get this to work? I still can not do this as of today either. Just Stupid.

same here loads about 95% and says file could not be loaded,even though file is only 2mb. its some comfort to know others are having problems,but frustrating when you miss a booking

yes you miss a booking.

Oh how lovely to see this post,  I have had horresdous issues with having to verify my identification.  Support????? what support, I feel so dumb, being over 60yrs old, but feel better now !!!!  thank you Carolyn.

Jacinta, I've had the same issue. None of us are dumb.. there seems to be a bug in their system... or many bugs...

I've had to call Air BnB twice now and spoke to a rep named Kathy a few days ago. She didn't resolve anything. Today I spoke to Dalton who states he contacted "Trust and Safety" department and will wait to hear back. 

It's a bit frustrating. I ended up getting Dalton to email me so I could send him photos via email attachement. Let's hope this helps. 

You have to go through the (? ) Menu and it will take you about 5 screens later to upload an image of your ID off of your phone. Do not use the Airbnb app or the browser.

You have to go through the question mark menu on the topic and eventually you will get to the screen (about 5 screens) where you can upload an image off your phone do not use Airbnb's app or the browser!

Thank you!  That worked! I skipped their app and skipped the desktop and just did it right from my phone. Thanks for saving time on this step.

where do you find the question mark menu? Thanks!

where do you find the question mark menu? Thanks!

Lindsay144
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi Seth Can you clarify what you mean by "question mark menu" please... do you mean the Help pages on this topic? I can't find where you mean and have had 20+ efforts to upload the ID and a recent photo through the browser or scanning in ... all rejected as "not clear" . Deeply frustrating!!

Ann567
Level 2
Framlingham, United Kingdom

I have so far spent 26 hours trying to sort this, including 'help' messages and a phone call.  I've even uploaded, with difficulty, a professional pic taken by a friend, but it didn't match. I am 3 years older and whiter haired than when it was taken, and have a different hair style. . Should I go out and buy a new haircit and face?. How can a real photo match a distorted passport one?

I reckon AIRNB are heading for goinng out of business witg their ridiculuos ruling .