Stuck in Verify ID

Yu-Min0
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

Stuck in Verify ID

Hi, 

When I want to Verify ID, it always stuck in Phone or email verification complete. And it never went throght it. Does anyone can tell me how to go throught it?

102 Replies 102
Eva419
Level 2
Washington, DC

RESOLUTION: scaned my id and uploaded that to airbnb.com request on my computer. Finally received an upload sucessful confirmation. The photos of my id taken on computer had not worked. Still having trouble with the airbnb mobile app but that's a problem for another day - preferably before travel. At least not as concerned that my reservation will be cancelled because of the id issue. I also changed my profile picture to a photo of me rather than an artistically modified image of my photo. Best of luck to you.

Eiskje0
Level 2
Oegstgeest, Netherlands

Eva, mine was declined again three times, but with a 4 hr delay. So it seemed to go through and than it was declined hours later.

did you really get verified?

Lindsay144
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi Eva.  

Did you zip your scan or something as when I try this method it says that the file is too big (at 5mb!)? And did you do it on a particular booking or in the profile section? Getting desperate to resolve this!

Scott356
Level 2
Keene, NH

Same here. Definitely is systemic issue on their end. Looks like this thread alone has had 18,000 views

Annie357
Level 2
Santa Fe, NM

Same problem, have been trying for hours with different systems. I used to be a loyal airbnb traveler all over the world, but no more, this is too frustrating and pointless!

Just tried to book two separate reservations, uploaded my id too many times to count and have now contacted the homeowner to see if they have any suggestions.   Have used the App, and just get a green screen... this is just pointless!

Simi5
Level 1
Manchester, NH

So here I goes my first experience with airbnb, a totally fail!!!

First, you have to request a booking, before you can ask the host questions about the place you are interested. Then when you do this, you get a feedback from the host on your cellphone because you have to confirm your phone number, then you get an email which you have to open in order to reply, then the incoming continuous dialog messages come in phone and email and are not timely updated on the airbnb message board on your laptop, I have never witnessed such a chaotic correspondence or communication, plus you can't text back unless you have an app installed !!!

Next, ok I booked a reservation with my card but hello, "we need a trust verification", good luck when you book at time when you just renewed your drivers license, because their "trust machine" doesn't accept paper (temporary ID that you get while you wait up to 45 days for the plastic one).

Next Passport with that beautiful shiny laminate on the page, try to take it in the evening and playing photoshop from different angles and avoiding shadow, I uploaded several picture, the last time it didn't send that "there is a problem with your phone", nor is my paid reservation totally confirmed.

I spoke to 4 agents that night, it took me about 3 hours playing roulette with posting profile and gov issued papers. I said to the supervisor, there is a flaw in how the machines are reading the pictures, also there is a flaw in airbnb as to give needed guidance AND samples what kind of pics are good and which aren't.

Something like this is easy to prepare and would help consumers to take the correct pictures, if that is the true issue here, I wonder really what is going on with this "trust verification"??? 

There is no warranty at all it comes from the owners, don't get wallets stolen??

A friend of mine did host her place but gave it up, perhaps it is really a hassle to play along this game, people work, eat and sleep, and booking with airbnb is just terribly time consuming affair!!!

Airbnb please change something, make it userfriendly or there might be a competition brewing!!

correction" ...that there is a problem with your picture"....

I couldnt agree with you more,  the whole process has ruined our holiday.

I have used Airbnb a few times before but this time I need to do al the id photo/ verification. DOES NOT WORK probably due to having a beard and the other not. Despite helpful helpdesk - I am suck in a phote-verification loop!

I have better things to do and over traditional B & B portals have just found what I need for my weekend.

Garrett28
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Getting the prompt to my mobile device was easy enough both via text and via app push. 
Capturing the front was easy.
Capturing the back makes me sad. Automatic capture doesnt work. There should be a time out prompt asking to capture manually, that way Airbnb can log the time till people click the 'fkit' button.

Poor IT system I think,  I just hate being treated as if we are stupid!!!

Eric719
Level 2
Petal, MS

So this has been an issue for nearly two years, there are 51 reply's and there are almost 22k views; yet I still don't see an answer to this issue. I have been trying to book a house for nearly a week now. I have spoken with customer service twice; I have been texting their "security team"; I have posted to the Airbnb Facebook page, and STILL no solution. What is the deal? Has anyone gotten this resolved, or do people just give up and move on?

I think people just give up,  but don't without letting them know and commenting here.

Jacinta14
Level 3
Hobart, Australia

Air bnb is a great concept, however this verified identification is really painful.  Companies using online platforms need to engage staff who have training in task analysis.  Or enagage the most uptodate IT systems that are consistent worldwide.  They have lost me and I will not recommend them to others because of the complex /lack of instructual analysis to verify your identification.  they also need to offer staff to talk customers through any issues they have, regardless of being a global company,  Staff their support unit approporately for a global market, the company is earning billions.  Not for long if they don't look after customers.