Stuck in Verify Photo ID

Answered!
HoaiAnh0
Level 1
Beppu, Japan

Stuck in Verify Photo ID

So this is my first time using Airbnb, when I press the Request to book button, Airbnb asked me to verify my ID (using passport, visa, ec.) The problem is the system keep insisting that my government ID photo and the photo (selfie) I just took myself doesn't match.

Customer Support didn't help much but tell me to try links to links but the result doesn't change. I've tried with my passport photo is both scanned or taken by phone, my selfie is well-lit. I'm a foreigner living abroad and, I just want to book a room and I don't want my first time experience here become something full of hatred. Would appreciate any suggestion!

Thanks in advanced.

1 Best Answer

@HoaiAnh0 - the picture you are using now on your profile is of someone in a tan, hooded jacket, with the hood up, petting a cat.  You cannot see any part of their face or body.  It is not a profile picture that Airbnb can verify.  The picture needs to be of your face - something they can match to your passport as they use an automated service - which may be why you are getting a validation error.  Many hosts will ask for a picture in which they can recognize you when you arrive at their door.  The picture of person with cat could, quite literally, be anyone.  Personally we would require a picture where we can identify you by sight.  It's the only way we can be assured that we let you in and not a stranger.  

Additionally, the link for verifying is to help you get fully verified by Airbnb - which is looks like you have completed.  

View Best Answer in original post

135 Replies 135

You can use this Free Visa Online Tool for this purpose 

**[Link removed/third party link mention removed - Community Center Guidelines ]

I'm not sure why this is the "best answer."The profile photo is of no consequence whatsoever. The OP is talking about the verification process requiring (1) identity document with photo, like a driver's license and (2) a live selfie taken with a phone camera or desktop webcam - NOT the profile photo. The identity verification process tries to match these two to one another, not to the profile photo.

This does not help. I have tried everything and NOTHING verifies me

Have tried to book for 23-25 may but not sure if it is ok 

Thanks for confirming 

I have had exactly the same problem and have spent way too much time trying to make myself look like myself, taking photo after photo. I even spent 45 minutes on the phone with Airbnb customer service, who even suggested I take a photo of the photo on my driver's license to see if it would get accepted , but that didn't work. Exasperated, she gave up trying to solve the problem. Airbnb has lost a year and a half of my business (I've been renting from VRBO instead), but the worst thing about it is the  time I've wasted! Ridiculous! I had been using Airbnb for so long, I don't even remember giving them my driver's license.

My husband and I tried to book a place for hours, it wouldn't accept our ID. A friend suggested using the Airbnb app and our ID was verufied the first try.

I have tried it throughthe app 14 times now. Simply not working. 

Ester51
Level 1
Maastricht, Netherlands

I have been a member of Airbnb for many years and it has always worked fine. Now, yesterday when I tried to  make a booking they asked me for a picture of my ID document. I did send it, but then I could not book the room because the site kept on telling me I had to confirm my ID, which I had done! I was in this loop forever, until I sent a message to their HELP service in the afternoon. 

This morning I saw that my reservation was cancelled. Apparently, at 00.22h at night (when I was already asleep) they had sent me an e-mail asking me to upload another picture of the back of my ID!. I could only do this until 06.22am!!!! How the hell am I supposed to do this?

I'm sorry, security and paranoia about security are two different things...

Ester

Total BS! The Airbnb photo verification process Is a nightmare. Fix it!

Dawn174
Level 2
County Kerry, Ireland

I too am having huge difficulties with ID process. This I find most frustrating not least due to having used airbnb in the past with out any problems. Help is needed urgently as both I and the host will loose out. I am somewhat pleased to see others have experienced same problem, however it is a concern that last post I read in this subject was from last year 2017................what is going on please 

Ann567
Level 2
Framlingham, United Kingdom

I have spent 14 hours trying to sort system. Keeps saying pics don't match. Have just uploaded passport, more up to date than driving license, still not compatible. I'm cracking up about this

Iva32
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Anyone resolved this issue? How?

Need to book a room for tomorrow, used air b n b all around the world and suddenly there is this is verification where my selfie and passport photo don't match ๐Ÿค”.

I took it about 10x and it's not happening.

Does this mean I won't be able to use air b n b till I renew my passport ? This is just insane

Did youmanage to get this to work eventually. I have the same issue. I have also reached out to their help services. No reply yet. 

Loesz0
Level 1
Rotterdam, Netherlands

Same problem here.. I just can't get my faces to match. (passport - webcam image).

Did Airbnb have you hold the license up to their scanner (I uploaded one and they couldn't read it so they had a link where I held my phone over it and scanned it using their software).

Could that be a problem?