Sudden Slow Down & Super Low Price Suggestions By Airbnb

Ann10
Level 10
New York, NY

Sudden Slow Down & Super Low Price Suggestions By Airbnb

I'm pretty much always booked and suddenly I'm not. On top of that Airbnb is giving me ridiculously low price suggestions. Is anyone else experiencing this?

24 Replies 24

@Sudsrung0 - What is SEO? I'm on Airbnb and VRBO. How many are you on?

SEO means search engine optimization 

Search engine optimization is the process of improving the quality and quantity of website traffic to a website or a web page from search engines. SEO targets unpaid traffic rather than direct traffic or paid traffic

@Sudsrung0 -What platforms do you suggest? I've always been all booked up w airbnb and VRBO until now.

Try Trip Advisor may work for you, they only charge 3% and they list you on 3 other sites

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Ann10  If your prices worked last year, why lower them?  Put them back to where they were.  Or raise them.  This usually results in more bookings.  However, many hosts are seeing a big difference in booking patterns this year.  They are more like 2019 than 2020 or 2021.  Do you have a basis of comparison so you can check back over your booking history and see how this year compares to others?  

@Ann72 -I could look at my reservations from last year. I wish they hadn't changed it so we can't see our old calendars from previous years.

@Ann72- I've always been really booked so I don't really know what the distinction between 2019 and 2020 or 2021. What do you mean? 2021 up until now has been really good.

So that means it’s different from other years.  You can still get all the reservation data by going to reservations and exporting all of them to an Excel spreadsheet (you have to export every page separately).  Separate them by year in Excel and add up the results.  Or look at nights booked or booked date.  I run reports on all these factors periodically to look at the big picture.

@Ann72 - I was watching a Youtube video about improving SEO and the guy mentioned that the market is down. It's not just me who has had a sudden slow down.

No, it’s not @Ann10 - many hosts here have reported the same thing.