Suddenly no views no reservations whatsoever

Liliana167
Level 2
Downey, CA

Suddenly no views no reservations whatsoever

Suddenly no views no reservations whatsoever,  I have been very successful since I have started posting I’m a super host, are used to come up on the first places now I’m going down on the second page number like 20 or 21. I have had no views of my listing for the past 20 days no bookings for the past month. I’ve called Airbnb plenty of times And they haven’t been able to help me they said I do come up on the first page but when I go to search I’m on the second page way on the bottom. Something must be going on because after being very successful I suddenly don’t have anything what can I do to go back to the first page. I’ve tried updating my listing changing the pictures upping the price lowering the price I’ve tried every thing. I need suggestions thank you

25 Replies 25
Tran23
Level 2
Hanoi, Vietnam

I am interested in the answer. Anyone knows to answer 

Hi Liliana,

Airbnb will most likely never respond to your concern as the people that answer the phones don't have all of the info behind the SEO codes. The fact is that they are trying to balance all hosts including new hosts. Also, the fact is that their supply side has grown substantially so now there are many more hosts and listings in most markets.

The demand side has grown a bit also, but the demand side has also realized that Airbnb isn't the only place to book a vacation rental - or short term rental.  It is very important to list on all major channels so that your exposure will be maximized and not subject to a small subset of travelers. Feel free to contact me if you need more info.

Emil H.

[Personal information hidden for safety reasons]

Jamie306
Level 2
Cedar Key, FL

Me too.  I've been booked solid for the last couple months, getting new reservations almost daily.   And all of a sudden nothing.  The busy season is starting in Florida, I should be getting plenty of reservations.   Something seems wrong.

Paula264
Level 2
Kissimmee, FL

Same here! I am also having issues with the views at Progress, in all the listings I host and co-host. I have 0 views in the past 10 days, but one booking request. That is basically imposible!

Any of you having this no views issues too?

Me too!  I have checked the Progress tab and Zero views, on three listings, since Sept. 25th.  That is for 8 days!  My last reservation was Sept. 24th.  I was wondering if it had something to do with the Facebook hack? I say this since it is a means of logging into accounts?  Something must be up, and I wish Airbnb would let us know what is happening.

There must be a problems with the analytics. Since September 25th, I have no "views" nor  records my bookings either. Although, I still get bookings? 

Yes, I have no Progress>Views which stopped on Sept 13, 2018. But I have 2 new bookings - at least these bookings must have viewed my property?

I have contacted Airbnb via chat, they just say it is a known problem and we are working on it. Airbnb should compensate hosts, they shouldn't charge full price to everybody but not provide all the services that are promised as part of the contract. Hosts can look at the number of views and adjust their prices to best market their property. Without the Views, we are operating blind.

Please Airbnb, fix this issue within 24 hours and offer a financial compensation to any customers who were inconvenienced.

Host in Toronto, Canada.

Kerry-and-Rob0
Level 2
Gold Coast, Australia

I too have the same, no views since September 25th when I was getting 30-40 per day.  Seems like a gliche but very annoying that AirBnB is not onto this or keeping us Hosts advised if there is an issue.  We use our Progress and views to determine how we are travelling with costings and comparisons to the market.  Really annoying. 

Same as all the above for me. NO views listed and only 3 bookings over 4 listings since Sept 25. I should be busy too. Also annoyed as my listings even tho a couple have some of the highest number of 5 star reviews in locale do not come at the top ( or even close to top) when I search location. I asked Airbnb support if there had been a reduction in bookings for the area, they said they would look into it but never heard back. Very frustrating. 

I have been on the Airbnb support platform constantly. As I explained to the last person I spoke with - you cannot blame a hurricane for lack of bookings...WHEN IT HAPPENED IN NORTH CAROLINA! This summer has been beyond dead.  

I did the same thing - asked for the analytics. They said they don't have figures!

Same here, no views since the 25th...but i did get a reservation. Doesn't make sense.

Mark-And-Jamie0
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

I'm having the same issue here.  So frustrating!

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

There are several posts about this and no response from Lizzie with feedback from Airbnb unless I have missed it.  I too have had no views since Sept 25th but several bookings - mostly for next April and May.  I notice now that the "booked days" figure on the same chart is not being updated either.  

Patty141
Level 2
Crescent City, CA

I began AirBNB hosting May 2018, we were booked about 85% all summer. It slowed down some in September. I just updated pictures and adjusted my prices a bit too as I have had no views or bookings since Sept 25. There must be a computer gliche in analytics. I am concerned why no feedback from AirBNB. It appears to be a global issue.