Suggested cohost fees

Shea56
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Suggested cohost fees

Hi all!

ive been offered a cohosting opportunity. They would handle all the bookings and sending checkin info and house manual. I would handle all cleaning and changeovers as well as a few other duties including:

restocking all cleaning and paper goods

being available from 1pm to 9pm daily as a point of contact for guests should they have questions or emergencies

Taking trash bins to and from street when needed (not necessarily needed every week.)

collecting mail and sending it to them periodically. 

What I’m thinking about sending them as a proposal is cleaning fees plus 5% of bookings. Does this seem too low of a percentage? I’ve been cleaning for them for a few months now and have been on their listing as cohost and can see messages etc. Guest interactions and questions seem minimal so it seems like it’s not so much actual hours of work but the whole being available and semi on call from 1pm to 9pm. What do y’all think? 

6 Replies 6
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Shea56 my co-host has similar responsibilities, but also including hot tub maintenance. She gets 30% of rent and 100% of cleaning fees. 5% is very low especially when you consider that you may have to drop everything at any moment to handle urgent issues such as appliance failures or plumbing problems.

@Lisa723 

Hi... I have recently been asked to Cohost for someone. They are paying me 25% to run their listing for them. This includes everything. My question.. how do "you" charge them 100% for cleaning fee on top of the percentage? Is it separate where they pay you directly, or can they set that up when adding me as a cohost? I use a cleaning gal for my unit--so she would also be cleaning this one that I will be co-hosting. Just trying to determine the best way-- or if that is even an option on Aibnb to set it up?

Thank you, Stephanie

@Stephanie2165 Airbnb previously supported this kind of payment splitting (100% cleaning fee + x% rent to co-host), but regrettably it no longer does. When they discontinued support started calculating my co-host's percentage + cleaning fees and manually transferring payment to her monthly.

@Lisa723 Thank you! 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Shea56 I would suggest that @Lisa723 's 30% is high. I would look at all the costs first. 30% of rent must be a very high percentage of net rent after costs.

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Shea56 

I’m sure market rate varies by locality as well as responsibilities. My previous manager charged 40% — but in that arrangement I was completely hands-off.

Someone who looks after your property and your guests as if they were their own is worth a lot.