Suggestion: add "microwave" to the list of amenities

Alexander64
Level 1
Silver Spring, MD

Suggestion: add "microwave" to the list of amenities

We have used AirBnB many times and the last three places did not have microwave ovens.  Travelers often need to reheat leftovers and a microwave oven is essential.  Adding "microwave" to the list of amenities would allow travelers to quickly tell whether a listing has one wihtout having to ask to the host.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

You should add this to the host voice section.  I think adding mini-fridge in room might be nice too - something people are looking for especially if they are pumping or otherwise have a medical concern that requires refrigerated medicine, plus just nice to have a place to put drinks and what not.  

Deb29
Level 9
San Mateo, CA

Good idea!

-Deb
Karen551
Level 1
Sacramento, CA

Yes! Yes! Yes! My last Airbnb experience, I had to make bottles on the spot because there was no microwave. Not fun in the middle of the night. This seems like a pretty basic amenity. I wonder if Airbnb tells their hosts not to provide them which is just terrible.

I would also recommend adding basic cable to list of amenities. This too seems like it's always missing. 

Laura1196
Level 1
Seattle, WA

I second that! I’m in a house right now in Portland OR. No microwave (and we were planning on reheating food too). No pans for the oven either. 

Odd, since the kitchen is fully decked with other high-brow appliances. 

I also think microwave should be listed in amenities. Not everyone has them and some people believe they're not healthy. However I think looking at the kitchen photos closely should reveal whether or not someone has a microwave. Or you can ask if it's something important to you (even though it seems basic for most kitchens in the USA and most people wouldn't think of asking). In some countries microwaves are not a normal amenity. I've stayed in 5 places overseas (south and southeast Asia) and not one place had a microwave, and may hotels do not have room refrigerators.