Suggestions Wanted- Change Dates, Reduced Rate, Cancellation Policy

Tami229
Level 1
Sackville, Canada

Suggestions Wanted- Change Dates, Reduced Rate, Cancellation Policy

Hello friends,
I have a guest that booked for 28days on a reduced price with a 30% discount but there is no refund for cancellation due to staying long term. She has asked to changed dates to earlier in the summer for 25days (I’m not sure if she is reducing her days so she can have a refund for cancellation because it is no longer a long term stay). I increased my prices for the summer and she will no longer received the 30% discount. So for her to change her dates it will cost her more. She has asked for a reduced rate. What would you do? (Can we give her a reduced rate but make it the same cancellation policy for this one booking?)
2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tami229  I would refuse the date change- as you say, she is probably trying to scam a refund like that. You could ask her to cancel and tell her you will refund her for any of the original dates you manage to rebook.

And guests who ask for discounts are red flags.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tami229 

The "long term stay" cancellation policy is automatically applied on reservations of 28 nights and more, overruling the default set cancellation policy. It can not be manually applied to shorter stays. Changing to 25 nights means: no monthly discount, converting the reservation to the default set cancellation policy and also:a higher Airbnb Guest Service Fee (unless the host is on the host-only-fee structure)

Yoo can provide her a special price bij amending the price in the change form (if you want), but you can not change the cancellation policy other then what is in your settings now (flexible,moderate or strict) nor can you reduce her Airbnb Guests service fee to the lower "long stay" level.

I fear a 25 night booking will indeed cost her (much) more then the 28 nights booking she already has.

If the "long term stay" cancellation policy is her major concern, you can also make other agreement about a (partial) refund. in case of cancellation or shortening the stay..