Suggestions for listing edits?

Heather17
Level 2
Steubenville, OH

Suggestions for listing edits?

I have some suggestions for Airbnb directly (like, as a company), but am failing to see how to submit those suggestions....only see ways to "Ask the Community." Where do I look?

5 Replies 5
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Heather17,

It's great to hear you have some ideas you would like to pass on, the team will be pleased to hear them. Do you think you could share any of them here with the rest of the Community? It would be great to gather a wider view and more input.

Let me know your thoughts. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sure, I can mention them here.

Two ideas:

1. Offer some basic text "editing" type things - like bold, underline - to help hosts highlight stuff in their listings they don't want to be missed.

2. Our first guest mentioned that one of the places he stayed at offered him dinner, rather than breakfast, and that got me thinking.  I'd love a way to offer "value-added" services to my listings, that guests could chose to opt for or not, and then be able to pay for through Airbnb all at once.  Since I'm not renting a seperate facility, but rooms in my home, this makes sense to me.  I include breakfast in my rate, but I'd be happy to make a few more bucks if my guests wanted to pay for dinner with me & my family, too.  Or how about an airport pick up or drop off, so they could rent a car in my little town (cheaper) than at the airport (more expensive rental)?  Anyway, you get the idea.  I was mentally calling it an "options box" where hosts could add services they could provide to their guests above the "normal" package.

So, there you have it!  What does the Community think of all that?!

Great ideas @Heather17. I was just thinking the other day how it would be great to have a rich text editor for listing info.

I like the idea of have the ability to add different services. The issues there can become kind of tricky. For example, if you are charging separately for dinner (as opposed to an included light breakfast), are you now a restaurant? Do you have to have all the health inspections, etc. that a business selling meals would have to have? And if you serve wine with dinner, do you need an alcohol license? It's not a bad idea, but I can see where Airbnb would not want to open up that can of worms.

Renee7
Level 2
Cambria, CA

I, too, have suggestions to offer, but don't know how to do so. For example, when determining the nightly rates, I think hosts should be able to define the nightly rate in one field, and define the taxes that guests are expected to pay in another field. Not all hosts comply with local rules and regulations (in other words, they don't pay taxes), which makes it more difficult for legitimate hosts to be competitive. If hosts could publish the nightly rate without including the tax, similar to the way hotels operate, all hosts would have a more level playing field.

I would also like to suggest that airbnb staff make themselves a bit more accessible through the use of their website. I, for one, find the current obscurity and opacity to be problematic.

Laurie15
Level 2
Redondo Beach, CA

I have the same question- where do I put in a suggestion?  I would like to suggest something for the website for hosting.   I would also like to know a way for hosts to reach someone from airbnb.  I would like to talk about cities that are refusing to have airbnb, can they do that, and what can we do?