Summer 2022 Release 56 Categories

Joanne455
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Summer 2022 Release 56 Categories

My listing is immediately adjacent to Banff National Park, When you search Banff, my listing comes up, however, if you select the category National Park, my listing is NO longer.  My booking ability has now been reduced so greatly I actually do not think I will get ANY more bookings this summer at all.  I have been on Airbnb for 5 years, hosted 140 guests, have an overall rating of 4.97.  But I guess all good things do come to an end.  I will have to now find another online platform to advertise as I consider myself no longer advertised on Airbnb.  Thanks for making this change right before an anticipated good summer!  So Greatly Disappointed!

3 Replies 3
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Joanne455  But if someone wanted to go to Banff, wouldn't they search "Banff," not the more general "National Parks"?  Your calendar shows fairly limited availability for the summer so it looks like you have bookings.  My inbox has certainly gone quiet since this thing rolled out, but I'm sure the re-design will take at least a few days for guests to get used to, and as long as they can still search by location I'm confident I'll get the number of bookings I'm used to.  (Although not the number I got last year and the year before, which were crazy.)

My bookings for this summer have taken place up until approximately 2 weeks ago.  And, have not received anymore since.  In addition, there's always cancellations which will free my calendar more so.  I just got a 6 night cancellation today.  Obviously I was hoping for my summer to be fully booked and I am still hopeful for more reservations, of course.  If Guests search Banff, yes, I should still get bookings, however, this new program that Airbnb has launched strongly encourages Guests to search by category, and if this is the new normal, Guests will NOT see my listing if they search by National Park, even though I am steps from the Park, which is what makes my location so attractive. I am hoping for the best, however, I am certain this will very deeply hamper my future bookings.

Vina358
Level 2
Vallejo, CA

I totally agree with you, Joanne. My reservations have gone down to ZERO in the last month, and I was anticipating a busy summer too. Now zero. 

I can't even figure out how to change the categories on my listing, it's all so confusing. 

Have you had any better luck lately?