Super Host Reward Coupon

Chris14085
Level 2
United Kingdom

Super Host Reward Coupon

Super host reward coupon earned and posted by airbnb April 2020 expiring April 2021 -  unable to use due to legally enforced travel bans throughout UK & europe - the expiry date April 22 2021 has come and gone - airbnb refuse to extend the expiry date so have been unable to use the coupon through no fault of my own seems to lack foresight to me and so unfair 

They also said I did not have any current coupons when in fact I was given another coupon in January 2021 which expires January 2022 and is there clearly to see and use 

Chris 

11 Replies 11
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Chris14085 

No they won't extend the deadline for use . Arguably you could have used the voucher for a whole listing in England 12-22 April when listings opened again so there was an opportunity fir you to use it .

I lost my SH voucher last year due to lockdown restrictions.

I wouldn't worry if they can't see your. Voucher for this year as long as it's showing up as a credit for you 

@Chris14085   Airbnb doesn't extend the coupons' expiry dates. But if you find yourself with a coupon you can't use, you can always redeem it as a ghost booking with another host who has suffered losses due to the lockdowns. There's no reason the credit should go to waste, if somebody can get paid!

Chris14085
Level 2
United Kingdom

Thanks Andrew I didn't know you could do that I assumed that because of all we've just been through and are still going through that they would extend 

In fact I was shocked that they wouldn't and am still surprised they treat us like this 

It seams very mean to me 

Same when going public I was surprised they didn't either give or discount shares to super hosts after all it's us who have put Airbnb where it is 

Short sighted and mean

My son just returned to Berlin and is looking for s place if his own right now 

@Chris14085 Airbnb did allow Superhosts to purchase shares in advance of the IPO, but only for those hosting in the US. Everyone else was excluded. 

Chris14085
Level 2
United Kingdom

Great how visionary of them 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Legally they were only allowed to offer advance shares in the US @Chris14085 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Chris14085 

I think you'll be happy to know there is an email going around extending the dates on Superhost coupons. I'm hoping you might have already received it; otherwise, it could be on the way. You can read more about coupons and how to use them here. There is also a header talking about the extension and how to review the coupon. 

Thank you.

Thanks Nick I noticed that this morning they sent me the details 

This is the coupon they repeatedly told me did not exist 

They were adamant that I did not have ANY coupons then started telling me that a coupon is only a coupon when it's used 

I got an official warning from them for using discriminatory language in my reply 

When I asked what discriminatory language I'd used they said it was the word " weird "and "stupid".   🤣

Maury8
Level 1
Bluffton, SC

I did not know how to use my 2 coupons when booking a trip for this coming July, 2021.  I think it should be applied to that trip now as I am not able to travel any other time soon due to work schedules. 

@Maury8  They won't apply coupons retroactively to bookings. It would have been prudent to find out how to apply your coupons before you booked.

Sandy695
Level 1
Dallas, TX

I'm frustrated. I earned my first Super Host award. It was brought to my attention by email. I looked at my account and saw there is a spot that shows awards earned so I didn't know I had to keep up with the email. I thought the email was just to make me aware of my award and congratulate me for my hard work. Why would there be a spot showing awards but yet it doesn't. I don't think it is fair. Lesson learned but not cool Airbnb, not cool. Discouraged.  Is there a way to activate if you don't have the original email?